The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone use this Master Cylnder?

Brunoboy

click

So Ive been reading about how OEM clutch master cylinders have a longer adjustment rod then the ones from kragen or autozone, well I cant find an oem for cheap or one in the junkyard to take the rod. I saw a used 1g im assuming OEM? on dsmgraveyard but also saw the exedy, does anyone know if the rods are the same length?
-Shane

Brunoboy

Bump , I need an answer or atleast suggestions for a clutch mc

Last edited:

broxma

If you have no ABS, Q45 two port MC. It is a larger diameter piston than factory by a good amount. I have one on my car, easy to install. Pics are in my build log somewhere.

/brox

GSX_TC

why not just save up and get a correct New OEM one man?

Brunoboy

Because it is not worth it to me when I know exedy makes oem parts as well.Brox, clutch master not brake master lol.

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
You can buy the OEM part for like $50 on eBay. You are saying the money isn't worth it, but you need to get one with a long rod? That sounds like the trade off you are willing to end up with to me.

Brunoboy

I try not to eBay mechanical things, but if your saying that eBay has oem for less than half of what the vendors are selling it forthen I am game.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned