The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator Removal

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I always keep that heatshield. this is the original alternator on the car, and I took it to the local place this morning to get a rebuild estimate. He also had a used alt plug for me which I have wired in already.

I noticed too late that the same plug used for the alternator is used for one of the ABS connections on that bracket at the left front of the car. If you no longer have ABS, you can steal that connector if you need one. Wire size is much larger, so have fun splicing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BpuVR4

Wow excellent find on the plug swap with abs plug iceman

boostin4door

Quoting GVR41380:
push down on the alternator be for you tighten that tension-er bolt, witch i beleave is a 12mm, then when you have the alternator be pushed down tighten that bolt, and i dont know if you want to do this or not but i but a nut on the other side of the tension-er bolt and tighten that one down, so your alternator wont move after you do that.

This ^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned