The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aftermarket o2 housing on a stock downpipe

Hondasi88

I am sorry but the search is confusing me right now. I just wanna know will one of those ebay o2 dump housing work on a stock downpipe setup?

Im looking at one of these

click

frank1

yes they work I used to have one they will bolt up just fine

TurboTrader

I just bought one personally and compared it to a stock DP I had laying around. Most Tubular O2 housings have universal bolt holes, my Megan does anyway, which lines up perfectly with the stock DP bolt holes. There's only about 1/4" of extra pipe on the aftermarket flange compared to stock, which is only about 1/8" around the perimiter, so they should seal up pretty well. All aftermarket downpipes have a 2.5" inlet that grows into a 3" pipe a few inches out anyway.

To answer the original question, yes, it will work perfectly.

Hondasi88

thanks..........i have spent way too much since purchasing this vr4. I need to hit rehab and cancel my paypal account.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned