The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

after market parts

NickDromez

hi guys, first post, first car, first vr4. iv looked at tons of sites and since this galant vr4 is limited edition i cant seem to find quality aftermarket parts anywhere. i hear the vr4 is similar to the evo, but how similar is it? what sites or or stores do you go to to get parts for it? and what year and model of evo is compatible with the vr4? any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Maybee you should research a little bit first. Try the search funtion at the top of the main page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Make sure you put + in front of the words and you'll get further,and let me guess......your caps lock buttons broke too? Try some capitalization and don't text talk or you'll get ate alive.
Ah yeah! By the way, Welcome to the most informational site you'll ever be a member of. Not to mention you have one of the most sexiest, most bad ass cars made in the past 20yrs. I hope your pockets are deep. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
post pics if you dare

Last edited by a moderator:

lol easy bossman :p don't scare him away! Nick, they are similar to the Evo in the fact that they are 4G63 powered and AWD, and have the same drivetrain as an evo 1-3, but the USDM evos (the 8s and 9s), while they do have 4G63s as well, is a totally different setup. you can retrofit the intercooler, and the MAS, and injectors, but actual engine parts, nothing really swaps over. first "mod" i would do to it is a FULL tune-up and inspection, make sure it's in tip top shape before any kind of modding (i've learned this the hard way). pics? mileage?

BrandonEchols

Quoting Dbossman:
Maybe you should research a little bit first. Try the search funtion at the top of the main page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Make sure you put + in front of the words and you'll get further,and let me guess......your caps lock buttons broke too? Try some capitalization and don't text talk or you'll get Eaten alive.
Ah yeah! By the way, Welcome to the most informational site you'll ever be a member of. Not to mention you have one of the most sexiest, most bad ass cars made in the past 20yrs. I hope your pockets are deep. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
post pics if you dare

Fixed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Diego

Brandon drops pownage on Matt....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Search function, it works do something like this +aftermarket+parts

Try JNTuning they sell universal aftermarket for DSM&GVR4s expensive but tthey carry it.
Try AMS, Garfield Wright on the org here has a site called TunersNation.com
NateCrisman owns DsmPartout.com

Dsmparts...... ok ok well I gave you enough hints, now do some searching and get a build thread going.

Diego

curtis

^What about me. Curtis builds stuff all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
Y'know Curtis, your always doing wild and new things that I usually only hear/see about after which I've depleted my paypal. You and GW need to get together so you can start marketing your hardware! For example, when you first started doing the gauge panels it was only by chance encounter on ebay that I stumbled across your product. This was already after having been a member of this forum for nearly seven years.

Brunoboy

you from Berkeley, ca?

Last edited:

Diego

Oh and a For Sale section..... can't get any easier.

Brandon,
Thats funny coming from a guy that takes 3 months to organize a group buy on decal's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif If I were you, I'd probably be more selective of who you choose to pic at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif ÂÂ

BoostedAWD91

Quoting curtis:
^What about me. Curtis builds stuff all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Curtis is the god of building special pieces for us

NickDromez

Quoting brunoboy:
you from Berkeley, ca?

yes sir i am.

Diego

Quoting curtis:

You build crazyy sh*t this guy probably never even thought was possible.

Brunoboy

Quoting NickDromez:
Quoting brunoboy:
you from Berkeley, ca?

yes sir i am.

Who'd you buy your car from? post pics of your car, and i have some parts if you need it,

curtis btw, can you make me a radio panel that will fit three gauges on top and a single din under it? I want this out of metal, or can you make a 5 gauge pod out of it? Two on top and 5 on bottom?

curtis

I've done every combination of such. Just send me a PM and I'll see what I can do but first have to finish other stuff in the way and fix my lawn mower I blew up today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I'm out of space and need a clean area for the engine to get laid out. Just needs the crank machined and order a rod on Tuesday so no big deal. I figure while its on order I'll port the head and open up the chamber. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JSchleim18

Quoting NickDromez:
hi guys, first post, first car, first vr4. iv looked at tons of sites and since this galant vr4 is limited edition i cant seem to find quality aftermarket parts anywhere. i hear the vr4 is similar to the evo, but how similar is it? what sites or or stores do you go to to get parts for it? and what year and model of evo is compatible with the vr4? any help will be appreciated. thanks.

First off, welcome!!!

The Galant VR-4 shares the same engine and drivetrain with the 1st generation Eclipse, Talon, and Laser. There are some differences but you can interchange many parts with the two. As you learn more, you will see what parts are good upgrades for the Galant.

Aftermarket parts - ExtremePSI.com (best prices and quickest shipping IMO), roadraceengineering.com (old site but good stuff), Street Tuned Motorsports (Very nice pieces and not too much money), Tunersnation (JDM Galant and GVR-4 specific items...owned by Garfield Wright on the board), Summit racing (do it yourself parts and other misc bits).

OEM Parts - JNZTuning.net (only place you need to know for OEM...they sell aftermarket too but I prefer to look elsewhere).

The FS section here is great too along with some people on the board who build one-off pieces like Boostx (poly bushings for rear subframe and mustache brace, Sigmaspeed knock off lip, etc.) and Curtis (Subframe connectors, Radio DIN gauge/whatever you need to fill that void with panels, etc...he's our handyman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

As for parts being compatible with the Evo, there are a few TRUE bolt in items (Injectors are 560cc Denso's and their fuel pumps flow somewhere around 190 LPH). You *can* use their MAF which flows a ton more air than OEM and the 2G MAF sensors but this usually requires a battery relocation and a 1G Style intake pipe (use the search function to learn more). Also, Evo suspension (speaking about US sold Evo 8 and 9's) can be used with some modifications (search function again).

There is a GREAT flow of information to be had on this site...look at VFAQ.com and the How to and Info Archive on this site for some good info and pointers into the direction you may want to go with the vehicle.

Good luck with the vehicle and I hope God has granted you patience!

Remember too...BUSINESS (maintenance, making sure the car is mechanically sound) BEFORE PLEASURE (Upgrades, etc.)! These cars can handle a lot of abuse but remember these cars were built almost 20 years ago so they will need to be looked over first.

NickDromez

ive got car #485 and i bought it from a guy named dexter in union city. ill post pics of my car as soon as i get a camera working

also can someone inform me on what the difference between the 1g and 2g gvr4? and what does dsm stand for?

Last edited:

JSchleim18

DSM stands for Diamond Star Motors. A joint project between Mitsu, Eagle, and Plymouth where the cars are built in Normal, Illinois. Galant VR-4s were built in Japan and imported here so they are not a DSM.

We own 6th generation Galants. The 1st generation and 2nd generation that you keep hearing are probably referencing the above vehicles (DSM).

NickDromez

thank you, but why when i search sites for parts do they only give options for 1g and 2g? do the 1 and 2g parts fit on the 6th gen gvr4?

solidviper89

Another thing to add to what JS said is that DSMs' are sometimes referred to as TEL(talon, eclipse, laser).

JNZ is place to get OEM parts
I have also had good luck with Extremepsi

And like everyone else says do the maintenance before attempting to have fun, or you'll end up Jack Stand Ballin' like 80% of the people that own a Galant.

Oh and don't be afraid to ask for advice, most of us are cool, we do have a few resident smart alec's, but will only be that way if provoked.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned