The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Advice on torquing exhaust manifold bolt that keeps loosening (Stripped Threads)

EfiniX

I've got titanium wrap on the manifold and ThermoTech tape on the intercooler piping. I can beat the sh*t out of the car and still touch the intercooler piping. That being said, hard pipe is always a better option and I'm certain mitigates any number of other issues.

I figure SD sometime in the winter, but just as a part of a larger boost solenoid/DSMLink boost control project. it will all coincide with EHMotorsports installing his Magnus intake and me buying his cyclone intake off of him.

And yeah, all working well right now. I can't overstate the value of heat shielding. In fact, I think I'll write about it now.

Quoting ghostinthevr4:
If I was you I would plan another project and make a hard upper intercooler pipe. That silicon fitting is going to melt over time, it's just a matter of time I hope your car is SD when it happens.

Glad you got the other problem fixed.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned