The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

advice on pricing for big 16g

kooter

I am getting ready to list a big 16g that came with my car. Car had jdm engine when I bought it. I do not know any history on it.
I took both housing off over the weekend. I felt only a very very very small play in and out no side to side movement spins very nice. It is definatly dirty through. I plan to post plenty of pictures tomorrow or wed.
I just have no idea what will be an acceptable price. I was guessing 300 to 400 $. Is that sound about fair. Assuming we say this turbo is in good ready to bolt on condition.

Brunoboy

I think prices have gone up like the Evo 3 16G back then a B16G was around $300

kooter

I just don't want to shaft myself selling it too cheap. At the same time I don't want to be asking $1000.00 for something that is only worth $25.00
So I come to ask the expert's.

I do believe I see a crack?

As always any and all advice and help is much appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
My humble opinion is that your suggested price range is reasonable.

LIV4PSI

I thought that some side to side shaft play was normal, but there shouldn't be any in and out shaft play. That is how all of the used turbos that I have sold have been.

kooter

While taking the pics I did my best to move the shaft anyway I could and it didn't. What I thought was in and out play I think was just the heat shield clicking.

Brunoboy

As long as it isn't touching the sides of the comp housing. Fins are good, you're fine.

prove_it

It's a big. The serial number on the housing is for a big. 1420=big, 1520=small.

slugsgomoo

I missed that you ID'ed it by number. I've always measured since there are occasionally things that'll leave you scratching your head. My evo3 on the 1g is in a 6cm hotside, for instance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned