The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

About Frickin' time!

TravVR4

Finally got my hands on (sort of) what I think is a quality VR4. #1226/2000. Still at it's old home until I can go pick it up with my trailer.
Currently not running but I'm not worried about that, seems like a bit of electrical diagnosis and I'll be set.
Nile Black, sunroof, roof racks, typical driver seat wear, etc....

a few upgrades but I might even take it back to stock(ish) to get collector plates.

The preface is done,
I can't wait for the first chapter in this exciting novel of automotive adventure. (hopefully it doesn't turn into a horror story! lol)

Later.

EMX5636

Welcome! Hopefully you can get it squared away and have a fun little car. Welcome to the roof rack mafia. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TravVR4

Yah, I can tell he didn't want to sell it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick up another one in the future once he gets his schooling finished. It appears that this car has demons in it so I will have to do an exorcism once I get it home. Haha.... I wasn't at all happy when I showed up and found Thomas talking with a couple other guys about the car, I suppose you win some and lose some, but they ended up wanting to "think about it". Sheeeeit, I almost pulled out cash right in front of them just to rub it in that they are going to miss out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Oh well, they showed up in a Miata so they can go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

I didn't even think about checking in the forum for info on the car before I went to look but after I got home I did a quick search and I would like to thank Thomas for documenting the previous trials and tribulations, upgrades, and other issues. Should make my life a bit easier when I get into the deep end.

89Mirageman

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Hmmmm. I was just thinking about Thomas (no homo) the other day. Haven't seen him on the forums in a while.

Same here, he posted here almost every day and then just disappeared /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

turbohf

yeah. he tried to sell/trade me the car too. passed the info to a buddy also. but neither one of us had the cash or room for more cars lol. sounds like its gonna have a good home tho. that's good. look forward to your build.

coyotes

Yes, it's true, I had to sell it. I ran out of money to keep fixing it, and I am going back to school to get my class A, so it had to go. I refused to let it JSB and collect dust, there's too many cars that this happens to and it just becomes less likely for them to ever get going again. It's sad, it's a fun car, but I have to make some sacrifices to further my career.

Maybe I will be back at another time and buy a well sorted VR4. We all know they still won't be worth much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member
That sucks man. These cars will break your will to live. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I've seen this cycle happen over & over & over again through the years. Usually it's people biting off more than they can chew. They think that because they fixed up their honda or nissan they can conquer a mitsubishi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

TravVR4

I love a challenge!

so It was an adventure getting home!

I'll update with the facts later but in the end 1226 made it home to Canada safe and sound. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned