The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

? about brakes

turbofoxlx

Hey guys I have a quick ?. Witch rotors do I purchase for a five lug conversion? I bought 4 new rotors for a 94 eclipse gsx, is this wright?

Thanks,
Mario

rgeier11

Those are correct. The only difference is the Galant came with 2-piston calipers stock, so you will need appropriate pads.

raptorWagon

Quoting rgeier11:
Those are correct. The only difference is the Galant came with 2-piston calipers stock, so you will need appropriate pads.

So did 93-99 AWD DSMs. The 90-92 AWDs, all year GST/TSIs, and of course the NT all came with single piston calipers. There is also a difference in rotor size too between the single piston and two piston brakes. The rotors for the 2 POTs are bigger, but the OP should be good to go if he got the rotors specifically for that year GSX.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbofoxlx

Thanks for the replies guys. I bought my car with the five lug already and wasn't sure what replacement rotors to buy but, I test fitted them last night and they fit fine. I got all four rebuilt calipers all four oem replacement rotors and new pads now all I need is some free time to put it all together. What do you guys think of red calipers the old ones are red but are all rusty and dirty and still don't look bad. I'm either going red or cast gray.
Thank you,
Mario

^How about cast gray? No point making a stock part stand out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

prove_it

^agreed

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned