The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/T Swap Parts List

3rdstrikedsm

I have been thinking on this, Do you use a 1g or 2g trans and which converter?

Mark

I used a 1g trans.. You can use stock converter but it isnt gonna stall worth sh*t. I would recomend a restalled stock of some sort. It really all depends on what turbo you go with.

strokin4dr

Mark, did you ever switch to the MMF converter?

Mark

^^
One of them the stall was to low. I have another MMF converter here I am going to try when spring comes.

strokin4dr

Wish you would have kept the car for sale. It would be sitting in Savannah right about now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

fivestardsm

Quoting daenan:
Comparing both 5spd and automatic intermediate shafts yielded some actual differences last night. Not sure if you knew this or not Mark.

Both are identical with the exception of the size/position of the cast mounting bracket (to the block). The automatic shaft is ~3/8" further away from the block when mounted. Keep in mind that the A/C (or whatever) bracket mounts in between the shaft mount and the block.

This means that to run the 5 spd intermediate shaft on the automatic, you will need some strong 3/8" spacers (nut). Mine currently doesn't have AC so I am using spacers either way.

Hopefully, Digit will be able to confirm this for us.

You can actually buy the spacers from the chrysler/ mitsu dealer. I found them last year by accident. They ordered me the wrong part, but I bought them anyway.

Steve.

Nate

Bringing this thread back again.

Can anyone who's done this swap confirm what the numbers are on the motor mount brackets that bolt to the block? I found a 91 auto Galant in the yard today and I'm slowly trying to gather the parts from the various cars that I'll need to do this swap.

Any info would be better to help make this thread more complete.

Thanks, guys.

Mark

-A/T FlexPlate x2 MD735674
-Crank Bushing MD732972
-A/T Plate – MD952138
-Rear Engine Mount Bracket – MD143793
-Both Passenger Side mounts – MD143844 Trans Bracket, Body Side Mount

All off the part #'s I have on record that I used. I double checked..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned