The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

97/2000

napajs13

Just picked up this car. Has a bit of issues, no shocker. Needs some heart and soul put into her, then she'll be a great DD.

GVR47111K

Pics! And Welcome!

LIV4PSI

Your signature is pretty funny. I'm glad it found a good home, and if your here I'm sure it did.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Haha that is a pretty funny sig

napajs13

Well, I'll be honest. I have been a Nissan and Toyota guy all my life. I'm originally from Kauai, HI and drifting was my thing. After living a few different places that allowed me to stick with those brands of cars (240 SX's and AE86 Corolla's) now living in Rochester, NY having one of those cars would be pointless except maybe a few months during summer. I have owned a 1990 Laser RS FWD, and it had the Cap issue and would crap out most times when I wanted to go fast. Anyways, this car needs a lot of attention and sadly, the looks will be last. I know some about this platform but not nearly as much as I know about the 2 platforms I mentioned. So I will be here asking probably tons of question so please bare with me. I do like to search and will do my best before asking. I will likely keep this car for a long time since I love it's uniqueness and performance history. Anyways, we'll see how it goes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

napajs13

So I've been working on the engine a little bit here and there. Car was making no boost, so I did a boost leak test and found a couple leaks. TB shaft seals, PCV and hose to J pipe was leaking. After I fixed those, still no boost. Checked the timing and found that it was way off and could not get it into spec. So the other day I pulled the front apart and found that the back plate behind the crankshaft gear was installed backwards. Previous owner must have missed that. I don't even know how the car was running being that off. Hopefully the valves are ok, but I'm worried since it was so far off. Will update on the situation.

Last edited:

napajs13

Got my JayRacing timing belt tool set in yesterday and re-did the timing. Boy do those tools make the job a breeze. Anyways, the car is running great! I still need to figure out whats going on with my cooling fan, its not kicking on. But the car makes boost now, pulls really good and barely makes any noise. I guess I was lucky with the valves. Oh, I still need to figure out the brakes also. I think I have a frozen caliper. But its a live again!

Jason G.

There's a single wire sensor on the back side of the thermostat housing. Grounding that wire will turn the fan(s)on with the ignition. Sounds like you're getting the car sorted out nicely though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned