The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

'91-'93 3KGT VR4 4 pot Calipers Installed!

kartorium

Meh, no one will get pissed. Its the best option for the vr4 right now considering price, weight, size and look. Can't argue with that....I just give mark sh*t cause I can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks good garfield, would have been awesome to know how heavy those suckers were in comparison too though. Hurry up and drive it and let us know how they feel on the road! BTW, what tires are you gonna go with?

Last edited:

I was bent on getting this thing done this weekend & didn't want to spend time on small stuff. Jermaine hasn't installed his yet so I can get the weights from him.
Not sure what tires I'm going with yet.

4Grim

Very Very nice man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

speedyvr4

yeah man,mad props to you.I like the way my vr4 stops,but those calipers are serious sh*t.If they can stop the big cow 3si I'm sure they are ready for the track or mountainside on the gvr4.two thumbs up for you bro.

cobrajetguy

I still have a couple sets of the brake caliper brackets left if anyone is interested. They are $90 shipped a set and yes I do take paypal. I have also found that SSR Competition wheels fit over these brakes, not sure what offset they were as I was just borrowing them from a friend to see if they fit. Any Evo wheel should fit over this setup.

Pete

Quote:
http://www.5zigenusa.com/w_fn01rc.html.[/url]

Can someone photoshop these on my car?

the car looks great and so do the brakes. I think the black/silver lip fno1rc's woudl look better on your car than the bronze because they'd match the two tone paint.

Quote:
Quote:
What happens to your ABS?

Nothing, it's still there.

who cares what happens to your ABS anyway, it f'n sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:
I know Mark & a few others are going to get royally pissed off very soon, but I'm planning on going with 5Ziggen FNO1R-C 17x8 35mm bronze or black with polished lip. I like the way the black w/polished lip looks but always wanted to go w/good quality bronze http://www.5zigenusa.com/w_fn01rc.html.

Jermaine told me the Evo 8 wheels clears these capilers also & are the same size & offset. He already test fitted the Evo 8's & will be running them until he can some TE37's.

Correction: The Evo 8 oe wheels are 17x8 +38mm offset. 3mm extra space should be a perfect fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:
Quote:
What happens to your ABS?

Nothing, it's still there.

So the ABS sensors in the 3K GT calipers are compatible with the Galants ABS system?

atc250r

Staff member
The sensors are attached to the front steering knuckle, not the caliper.

John

The brake looks real nice man.

I can get the 5 Zigen FNO1R-C pretty cheap.. let me know if you need a set.

CP

Got any curvy racetracks down there that you plan to heavily use these at? I'd be interested to hear some comments once you get them heated up with some decent pads.

I'm thinking about the 1G DSM Stoptech kit for '07. But this looks like a good option as well.

Quote:
Got any curvy racetracks down there that you plan to heavily use these at? I'd be interested to hear some comments once you get them heated up with some decent pads.

I'm thinking about the 1G DSM Stoptech kit for '07. But this looks like a good option as well.

Curvy racetrack, yes. Do I plan on using it, probably not. I did this purely for the bling. Maybe one day I'll tackle the track.

Larry Parker

Wont fit under 15" I suppose? I need to do some brake for the from of the rally car soon... I will wear out the pads I have but after that????

LP

hmm I didn't know that first gen calipers could work with 2g rotors. Is that just because of the bracket positioning?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned