The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

89 GALANT VR4 WONT GO OVER 3500RPM

Was wondering dose anyone know why my engine will rev to only 3500rpm while being driven. It will rev out to 7000rmp while stationary no problems but while being driven it will cough and splutter and go bloody slow at 3500rpm. engine is a 4g63t

cheers Ivan

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know what this is, but when I had my 1ga DSM I had this problem and was inexperienced and had a shop rip me
off and tell me that the low compression was causing this. Then another shop did the same thing to me too. In the end, there
was one wire going to the intake that was loose. I don't remember what on earth it was.

Not sure what it was, the wire was sort of balled up in there. I guess in that case it had to have been some sort of exception. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Still, the theory may be the same.

Nabeel

I had issue like this. It was bad ECU. Find a logger. Your car seems very rich. Bad temp. sensor or boost leak causes such problem also.

conquesttsi

Have you checked voltages at the injectors, resistor pack, ecu ports for the injectors, and fuel pump?

I had almost the same problem with my conquest and it turned out the fuel pump was not getting enough voltage.

It would hit 3500 and buck cause of bad fuel cut, however, the car would drive perfect below that amount of revs.

I too was able to rev higher when there was no load on the engine.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned