The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

808/2000: Winter Build Thread

bustedsm

Water lines are done, turbo is 100% bolted down (compressor housing, center cartridge, and exhaust housing), lower intercooler piping has been heat wrapped, tapped for a boost pressure source and installed 100%, radiator hoses are completed and bolted down, heater hoses are done and whatnot. I have 3 tracking numbers to keep my eye on and I'll let you guys know when everything is in and done!

Looking good. What suspension are you running again? Sorry if you mentioned it before in the thread & I might have missed it.

The car looks great. I just picked up 1192. You want to work on mine when your done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bustedsm

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Looking good. What suspension are you running again? Sorry if you mentioned it before in the thread & I might have missed it.

K-sport coilovers, I've been on 'em for two years now and have nothing to say but great things!

Sure Steve, I'll be more than happy to help you out. Glad to see another VR4 in the area!

bustedsm

Moar slow!

4098640324_142f5d7974_o.jpg

4098640326_4f19bd2a19_o.jpg

4098640330_07c16a458b_o.jpg

4098640338_c98800edc3_o.jpg

4098640344_fae3586163_o.jpg

bustedsm

Thanks GW....aside from the apparent exhaust leak and running on 2 cylinders she sounds great. I hope to get the other two cylinders running and possibly fix whatever exhaust leak I have tomorrow morning. I'm awaiting a plug and wires from a member on Link who generously donated it to me so I can fix that issue and wire in the TPS as well so I can give it throttle and drive.

gmp

good to hear some progress i been watching this for sometime...

Nice build up. I was thinking about getting that same crossmember last week.

About the AFCO radiator, is it only held in place by the lower x2 tabs?

turbofonz

How about some completed pics?

I like the big turbo exhaust note:)

good job.

Terrance362

bout time. Looking good my friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

bustedsm

Quick update, rear end was causing some trouble and I expected the worst but ended up finding this bad boy to be the problem -
DSC_0386.jpg

It's the outer bearing on the pinion shaft, apparently it had some side-side play that it didn't like.

If anyone has a spare mustache brace that I can have I'd greatly appreciate it!

bustedsm

Decided while the rear end was out of commission I'd go ahead and paint/clean up a few things....Intake and intercooler piping are all the same color now, VHT 1500* flat black....looks pretty good personally but I'm biased.

DSC_0390.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned