The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

6 bolt FWD flywheel

joemoto

6 bolt FWD flywheel
I have a WTB for a 6bolt FWD flywheel and need to know if the NT and Turbo are different?
If different are they compatable?

It is going into a NT motor, but I want to know for reference anyway.
Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
The only differences in flywheels that I know of are 6 bolt vs. 7 bolt, and AWD vs. FWD because FWD has a wider starter gear.

joemoto

Understood, thanks...

maroonmetallic

It's a lie.
Turbo flywheels are larger than the n/t versions in diameter.
The exception to this statement would be ANY car that has an f5m31 (n/t fwd transmission)

The bellhousing is a different size between t & n/t.
Also, I know for a fact that there are stepped and flat flywheels for the n/t DSM.
However, Im almost certain ANY 4g63T has a stepped flywheel.
I have one of each flywheel stated in this post so if pics are needed that can be arranged.

-Shawn

1qkfwd

Also to add to this the AWD flywheel is the same diameter as the N/A fwd flywheel, Theres just no step on the N/A flywheel.

Jesh

all i know is my stock GVR4 weighed 18.2LBS, in case anyone was wondering...javascript:void(0)

Specter

Quoting maroonmetallic:
It's a lie.
Turbo flywheels are larger than the n/t versions in diameter.
The exception to this statement would be ANY car that has an f5m31 (n/t fwd transmission)

The bellhousing is a different size between t & n/t.
Also, I know for a fact that there are stepped and flat flywheels for the n/t DSM.
However, Im almost certain ANY 4g63T has a stepped flywheel.
I have one of each flywheel stated in this post so if pics are needed that can be arranged.

-Shawn

I would like to see some pics if its possible, of a N/t and a turbo flywheel for each trans, fwd and awd.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned