The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

548/2000, Illinois

LILEVO

I came across a 91 GVR4, 548/2000 for sale in the Southwest Chicago suburbs. The guy doesn't seem to know much about the car or the history of the car. It has a 2.5" turbo back, other than that seems stock, 79k miles. It has an AMS license plate frame on it.

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this car.

Thanks!

Pics:
click
click

mistaVR4

I don't know about the car, but it doesn't look bad, mileage is nice! Does it run? Most importantly is it for sale? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LILEVO

Yeah, I just bought it. It was on ebay for 1400. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

runs great, shifts great, smokes at idle, engine looks bone stock, needs a little rear brake work, a/c is ice cold. Ill have more details when I trailer it home in a few days.

mistaVR4

Sounds like you really scored in a major way! Nice work. That was kind of the same situation I had when I drove to New Mexico to buy 484, guy didn't know what he had, I scored pretty good but nothing like what you just got. Good luck with it! Look forward to seeing more details and pics once you have it at your place.

maroonmetallic

Well, it is not all original, but it def seems like a great deal.

92 rims on a 91 with messed up badges in the back.
(Has the rear of the car been repainted or repaired?)

Congrats!
-Shawn

mikus

great find, slightly jealous. Good luck finding any non-forum VR4 in IL without an AMS something on it.

GSX_TC

I was just about to say the same thing, somebody messed with the galant and VR4 badges

dammitjim

The Mitsubishi badge in the pic is lined up with the top part of the trunk instead of the bottom. It looks crooked to me.

maroonmetallic

It's also missing the diamonds that are part of the emblem.
Also the right side emblems are up wayyy too high & it looks like its missing the "DOHC 16-valve" emblem underneath it all.

Regardless, it is pretty clean for a running 1400 dollar GVR4.

-Shawn

LILEVO

LILEVO

Still no snow here in Wisconsin, but the Galant is ready!

gvr4frontb.jpg

gvr4rearb.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

awesome plate. I want to punch you for the hella's but to each their own.

LILEVO

I know. I will probably put them back in the stock spot after winter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned