The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 1209/2000

trevstuh86

Hello again, my name is Trevor. I am the new owner of 1209/2000. I know this car has some history on here, and looking forward to bringing her back to the glory days. I have a issue to tackle which is oil mixing in coolant. There is no coolant in the oil, it doesn't overheat. I'll be checking over her when I get some time off from work. I'm happy to have it, and ready to make her road worthy again.

thomcasey

You should check the turbo AND the Oil cooler (in the OFH). Since you are only getting oil in the coolant, it is leaking where the oil pressure is higher than the coolant. the FP turbo's normally wany oil fed from the OFH, so both locations will see higher pressure

trevstuh86

The oil feed is coming off from the stock location off the head. I just got around to messing with it for a little bit before taking off to work. The turbo will need to be rebuilt, it has in and out play but not side to side. I have a ebay 16g from cx racing I will put on and see if oil still mixes in with the coolant. I know when I checked out the wastegate on the car it's cracked as well. Maybe this weekend, if texas weather doesn't act out i'll be swapping the turbos.

thomcasey

That china-bay 16g may do even more damage.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings