The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g63 shops for short block assembly

alansupra94

I ended up a local shop called Royal Machine shop. Very cheap prices and I double checked all his work using my own micrometers. Since I wasn't really doing anything that complicated, I didn't see the harm in trying a local machine shop.

biglady112

I use local machine shops as well. I just go in there with special requests and double check everything. Easier to get what you ask for when you can keep an eye on things. I do special clearances and machining for the blocks, crankshafts and any cylinder head machining I am not able to do myself.

BogusSVO

The best thing you can do is talk to the shop and ask questions.

See if they have build many if any 4g63. Peek in the shop, see if they have spare parts laying around, blocks, heads, rods.

Also find out what equipment will be used in machining your engine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned