The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

488/2000 Rescued- The build begins.

mitsuturbo

Just have a buddy sign the damn thing already. If it's not reported stolen by the previous owner, it will never be an issue. I've had to do this many times. Unless notarization is required, it's simple.

I'm assuming you've been to the DMV and know the vehicle isn't reported stolen or as having a lien on it, right? If you're sure the seller is the prior legal owner, and only then.. would i recommend doing as i said above.

I had to do this with a car i got this past summer, because the PO forgot to sign the title, and lives way the hell down by JBLM. (past tacoma) I got to the DMV and they were all "hey he didnt sign here" so i said i'd be back in a bit. Went home, had a signature put on the title, went back, and got it transferred. Even called the PO and told him i had to do so. He didnt give a rip.

Last edited:

stealthtt24

What he said. My first galant was purchased in Kentucky and when I got back home to Fla, I realized he didn't sign the bill of sale. You think I was messing around with faxes?

Hmmmm thats tempting, however I have already sent (email) him the paperwork, he could have just gotten a replacement title and not sent it to me. I don't have the previous owner's address, license plate number or any of that stuff either. Just a name... so I figure the CA DMV will just reject it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

TSimage

CA DMV is a b*tch to deal with.. I am surprised the previous owner even cares enough to go through the hassle of helping but its awesome that you lucked out on finding someone willing to do so. Its one of those "too good to be true" sounding deals right now lol. Seems like you woulda been better off with one of the MANY other GVR4s that were available in CA.. Interesting you chose that one. But hey, we live and we learn...

Hope to see some great things from this build, even though I despise people using Student aid for such things, especially on a bucket like a that Galant lol.

Well I am in oregon, I found it in washington. The only reason I found it was I was searching craigslist with searchtempest in a 250 mile radius. apparently yakima is within 250 miles... barely. I wasn't even shopping for a gvr4, I was just looking for a cheap commuter for my gf to drive, and well I guess I just cant help myself. I ended up having to buy her an integra since my gvr4 is jackstand ballin. Thats fine, didn't really want her driving it anyhow, but it cut into the build budget by about 1k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Well its now posted in the For Sale section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif web page I REALLY wanted it, but I just can't afford it. I bought it with money I don't have, and I can't afford to finish it. I still don't have a title. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I will be getting another one, once I finish my MBA.
Oh and to clarify, my engine is not up for sale, at least yet. I have toooo much into it, and its all brand new.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think this is the Final Chapter for this thread. I may actually get a title for her, but this build is done. If you scroll up you'll probably see a pretty nice looking white samurai. Its gone. But I had a WAY more badass red samurai in the making long before I sold the white one. Then I found a GVR4. Well I have always wanted one, since the early 90's. As a little kid I WATCHED rally. So I was like 10 back then and I remember when it went from turbobricks to mitsus and scoobys. I wanted the 1g talon, too my mom actually worked at a Jeep dealership that had on in the early 90s. I ended up getting a 2g that I had really wanted but as most DSM stories go it was fun, but it didn't last. I sold it because I didn't want to make a car payment, college was more important.
It was kinda suppose the was supposed to be kinda an epic ride. It started that way. I had to make an epic journey to get the damn thing. Anyhow I'll add a link to the samurai build thread once it gets going. >I'll make a place for it right here!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned