The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#431 runs single digit passes

NateCrisman

Waiting for gizmo to email me the logs so I can I corporate screenshots into the YouTube video. Will post ASAP.

Barnes

plaid.jpg

GSX_TC

Prepare for Ludacris Speed!!!!

curtis

Schwing and hit....its out of the park...Crowd goes wild /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

desant78

Congratulations!!!

NateCrisman

Few pics from iPhone camera:
smugshot4622232-XL.jpg

smugshot2757857-XL.jpg

smugshot8024256-XL.jpg

BTW...I fell asleep early last night, didn't get to put the video together yet. Will do tonight and publish/post.

bazeng

Looks great! Just plain water? Not ice water? What type of pump do you have moving the liquid? Its probably posted somewhere but what fuel? How does the car pull up after the run on the current brake setup? No chute? Still on stock rims?

NateCrisman

Quoting bazeng:
Looks great! Just plain water? Not ice water? What type of pump do you have moving the liquid? Its probably posted somewhere but what fuel? How does the car pull up after the run on the current brake setup? No chute? Still on stock rims?

Ice water from 2.5 gallon tank where abs pump used to be
Ford cobra oem Bosch oem intercooler pump.

Fuel: Powermist brand RE85L. It's E100 blended with 116 leaded racegas.

Wheels are old school 15x6" that Nelson has had forever. They were 16.2lb each on my scale. Saturday night we tried to swap my Volk wheels (10.6lb each for 15x7) but the extra offset made the tall tire hit the rear trailing arm on the sidewall. We could have had 25lb less rotating weight had they fit!

Brakes are all stock. Dual piston fronts too (stupid heavy and no better than single pistons).

Maybe next year the car will get a set of super lightweight TCE aluminum drag brakes for 40lb weight savings. And maybe it will get a set of Volk wheels or similar super lights.

He likely should have a parachute, and is only 3.1mph away from needing to have it to be legal. Had we gone up to 43psi of boost, I think it would have done 150mph anyway on the next run (broke).

Last edited:

GSX_TC

that is one hell of an engine bay man. i like how you put the little VR4 decal on the intake mani

curtis

Snap Snap I want the video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bazeng

Quoting NateCrisman:
Quoting bazeng:

Ice water from 2.5 gallon tank where abs pump used to be
Ford cobra oem Bosch oem intercooler pump.

Fuel: Powermist brand RE85L. It's E100 blended with 116 leaded racegas.

Wheels are old school 15x6" that Nelson has had forever. They were 16.2lb each on my scale. Saturday night we tried to swap my Volk wheels (10.6lb each for 15x7) but the extra offset made the tall tire hit the rear trailing arm on the sidewall. We could have had 25lb less rotating weight had they fit!

Brakes are all stock. Dual piston fronts too (stupid heavy and no better than single pistons).

Maybe next year the car will get a set of super lightweight TCE aluminum drag brakes for 40lb weight savings. And maybe it will get a set of Volk wheels or similar super lights.

He likely should have a parachute, and is only 3.1mph away from needing to have it to be legal. Had we gone up to 43psi of boost, I think it would have done 150mph anyway on the next run (broke).

26x8.5x15" M&H Racemaster bias ply slicks.

How do they fit on the rim?

Got any pics?
Would love to see the slicks on on the wheel and clearances etc.

Any pics of the thing taking off on those slicks?

Overall pics too please! OUTSIDE CAR

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned