The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

+42 offset too much?

Tre3zy

hey guys just wanted to know if +42 offset on a wheel for our cars is too much.... wanted to get this wheels for my galant click

Quoting Tre3zy:
hey guys just wanted to know if +42 offset on a wheel for our cars is too much.... wanted to get this wheels for my galant click

+42 is not agressive, the lower the number the more it is considered to be agressive ( so a +38 is considered to more agressive than a +40). The higher the number, the closer it is to the suspension. A lower offset means that the wheel will be further away from the suspension = closer to the edge of the fender well. I run a 18 x 7.5 +40 and I've used a 17 x 7.5 +44 in the rear in the past so that wheel should fit without issue.

Daryl

Tre3zy

cool thnx i still deciding if i should pick this up im planning on running a 235 45 17 size tire thats why so iono if thats gonna fit on a 17x7.5 wheel....

insane92

I don't think a 235/45/17 will fit. Biggest tire I could fit on mine was 215/45/17.

42 mm offset would be about right for a 7.5 inch wide rim. You want a backspace that is around 5.5 inches, and that combination gives 7.5/2+1.65 = 5.4 inches.
Mike R.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned