The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

GSX_TC

Quoting DR1665:
I'll be there. Flying into Cleveland Thursday and picking up a rental car.

After the DSMSO, I'll be driving up into Canada to test drive Delicas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Nice I'll finally get to meet driggs!

Quoting RWD4G63:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Nice! I enjoyed seeing that car last time, got any bigger plans for this year?

Not really, the Challenger should be the same as last year. This will most likely be the last Shootout for the Challenger. Unfortunately the rust has become an issue. (since it's spent the last 13 years in the Northeast.) The plan will be to swap it all into the recently acquired Mighty Max for next year.

Sorry to hear that man, I hate rust. Glad hill be swapping over to a mighty max though, I love seeing those that are 4G63 swapped.

Last edited:

DR1665

Finally meet me? You met me three years ago; the year you and dude in the red 1g drove all the way from California and Texas or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Edit: Just some van, eh? Riiiiiiight.

mitsubishi-delica-4x4-11.jpg

Last edited:

89Patches

Yup looks just like a lifted van with a bush bar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Haha I'm just busting your balls.

Where you going to test them? Right Drive in Toronto? Or....

GSX_TC

Quoting DR1665:
Finally meet me? You met me three years ago; the year you and dude in the red 1g drove all the way from California and Texas or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Wow I guess I just forgot haha, my bad. Yep that year he drove from Texas and I drove from California.

GSX_TC

50 more days!!

DR1665

Quoting 89Patches:
Yup looks just like a lifted van with a bush bar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Haha I'm just busting your balls.

Where you going to test them? Right Drive in Toronto? Or....

Hopefully, Right Drive. Going to make my down payment then too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No worries, Mike. It happens. I went pretty much every year from 2004 through 2010, but haven't made it in 2 years. Looking forward to going back.

LIV4PSI

Driggs, I have yet to meet you there. Make sure we find each other and do some bullshitting this year. I'll be the drunk guy camping beside the VR4s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

^ You're going to have to be more specific than that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

LIV4PSI

Okay, I'll be the drunkest guy camping by the VR4s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Seriously though, I thought about wearing an old LIV4PSI license plate around my neck. For easy identification and what not haha

92_talon_awd

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Okay, I'll be the drunkest guy camping by the VR4s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Seriously though, I thought about wearing an old LIV4PSI license plate around my neck. For easy identification and what not haha

Lol everyone would know who you are if you did that then haha.

LIV4PSI

I missed meeting up with Milt and a few other guys I would have liked to meet last year. I'm trying to avoid that this year

GSX_TC

They were only around for a few mins before leaving to go watch the racing. I'll try and get a hold of them towards the end this year.

vr4play

I think we will be going up Thursday this year. Staying at the Econo Lodge. I am done racing my local events for the year just to save the car for the shootout. My wifes transmission died in her Honda again and it was out of warranty so I had to pay out of pocket to fix it. Took all of my reserve car money for the year so she is retired till then. I don't want a repeat of last year rebuilding the motor and getting done 2 days before the shootout. We are bringing a drag Evo that I've been helping out on to run in the Q32. I'm going for max effort this year. We'll see. The car is fast on the auto-x course and will hopefully run mid 11's in the quarter. Bushur's new rules are making me buy new tires only to run at the shootout. Hope to see everyone soon.

DR1665

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Driggs, I have yet to meet you there. Make sure we find each other and do some bullshitting this year. I'll be the drunk guy camping beside the VR4s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Duly noted, sir. Admittedly, I don't spend a lot of time at the track, but I'm sure we'll be in many of the same spots that weekend. Look for the big, bearded guy in the black MLR jersey with the aussie slouch hat, likely surrounded by people in 2GNT shirts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

Jeremy, so your not bringing the VR4?

vr4play

I'm bringing it. I'm just not going to race it until the shootout because if I break it I wouldn't have the money to fix it before the shootout. I've got to try and keep the Galant the fastest car at the auto-x.

GSX_TC

Ahh ok gotcha. Hey do you think they'll let me do the autocross, but not the track? I just don't wanna break on the track and not have a way to get all the way back home.

LIV4PSI

Yes Mike, you can do just auto cross. You don't have to do Max Effort and drag race as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned