The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

GSX_TC

Thanks for the tip Mark, will be my first time auto crossing in this car, I just hope I can go through the entire course with out plowing into a bunch of cones haha, and without breaking anything of course.

LIV4PSI

My biggest mistake was not walking the course enough times, it can get confusing at WOT. The layout at the Shootout is usually pretty straight forward though

turbowop

That's what eff'd me at IMSCC. I walked the course, but at WOT it's a bit different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Especially in the confusing parts if there are no pointer cones present. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

GSX_TC

I wonder if it'll be the same layout as last years, because on the shootout DVD you can get a good idea of how it is from the drivers perspective in VR4play's car.

LIV4PSI

They change it every year, but it has been similar the last two. It's was stupid short in 2011, and they made it longer and faster.

Mike, I hope you do it. It is so much harder than it looks to be fast. Makes it more fun, I think

GSX_TC

40 days!

1dvsdsm

expect 666/1k there. Im not sure yet what condition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I just had some head issues and looking for a new one or rebuild mine.

GSX_TC

No way!! That is awesome! Never thought I'd get to see that car in person, that's the one that had the red side door decals right? The "Evil VR4" haha

GSX_TC

Hey guys, as you all know I'll be trying to round us all up all three days of the shootout with cones and signs that say parking for Galant VR4's but I wanna try to get some shots like these of all of us together, and was planning to have Tim Harper take the shots but he's not sure if he will be going so if any of you take pics like these or know a guy that can take shots like this and is able to be there I'll pay him to take ones like this. Let me know if you guys know anyone. Thanks

MellowVR4

Just had a weird thought, since I haven't been to one of these events. How is the security their? like are they around the camp grounds a lot? Im sure their around the hotels most of the time, but what about every where else. Not planning on doing anything sketchy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif, but simply curious.

LIV4PSI

There isn't much in the way of security or supervision at all

MellowVR4

Cool, probably wont bring my vr4, But im still deciding on that. I just wanted to get the car tuned before going but I don't think I get swing it by then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif So it'll have to be the raider.

LIV4PSI

For example, my friend's dog pulled Redwood down the race track, on a longboard, at 3 am.

MellowVR4

HAHA that's awesome!

PolskiVR4

Anyone have an idea of hotels with vacancy?

GSX_TC

Call them all up, they are listed on page 1.

Redwood

Quoting LIV4PSI:
For example, my friend's dog pulled Redwood down the race track, on a longboard, at 3 am.

That was a fun night at the track. lots of drinks and random adventures.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned