The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2.3 intake manifold

dsmtalontsi95

Which would work best for a 2.3 with hks 272, a hx35 with a goal of around 500hp

curtis

Just with quick math. 2.3 x 70% = 1.61 liters of plenum volume

I've always heard and read 70% or more. With a 2.3 not being rev happy this should be plenty. The big VSR race units from AMS , JM Fab etc will be over kill any of the normal intakes will be fine.

I like the ones that have the square ports in the plenum mainly because air doesn't like to change shape and size if its square at the head flange make it square at the plenum. From all the dyno tests that buschur and others have posted over the years the HKS kansai and the copies of those do the best because of the way the air enters the plenum and does disturb airflow at the runners. There's a local guy here that has one of the Malaysia Thailand ebay specials with the radius entry that swapped a jm fab one for and said he like the response better. Its really apples and oranges but used manifolds don't show up much and when they do they sell fast.

This is one of the ones from southeast Asia I'm talking about but there's plenty more up for sale on ebay but most have round VE stack design
click me

Also these work killer from what I've heard. A local guy went 7.0 at 102 with a GT-30 and one of these with all the other mods

Hawver cast with square flange

curtis

Its the same as above but for the engines on the opposite side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Make sure if you get one that its facing the correct side. Do some interweb research on the bucshur forum he did alot of dyno testing last year about this time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts