The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

19th Annual DSM Shootout Aug 20-21 2011 Norwalk, Ohio

GSX_TC

yeah im driving alone, wish i had a co pilot Lol

UPDATE: just got in texas about an hour ago, i forgot how hot this place is Lol, anyways heres a pic. the VR4 is holding up pretty well. so far so good =)

1q5qo4.jpg

mountaineerjeff

damn, I totally wish that this wasnt for another month I trying to get a vr4 out of texas. I woulda flew down and drove mine back with ya, not the same as a copilot, but better than nothing.

GSX_TC

Oh wow I just got 28.16 miles to the gallon going through Texas that's an all time high! Nice

IncorpoRatedX

awesome! glad to see you're getting along well.

mountaineerjeff

well I might have just put some last minute plans together to make the trip in my buddys 2g. anyone coming from my neck of the woods? I wish My dang vr4 shirt still fit, then I would be easier to pick out.

GSX_TC

and now for my last stop for the night, oklahoma. gonna meet my friend Rob with a 1g. then we're off first thing in the morning.

4vk4dk.jpg

thecman02

I should be making it up this year in the Galant.

mountaineerjeff

well Im currently trying to sell my soul to make it up there driving a mitsu.

GSX_TC

Lol sell your soul?

yeti

i regret not being ready for the shoot out so bad i wish i could of carvaned out there with ya my 1g will be ready for next year

mountaineerjeff

Quoting GSX_TC:
Lol sell your soul?

yes, literally, not a KIA.

so far it hasnt added up to much, so in the mean time Im just working the corner.

GSX_TC

Quoting Diego:
How's the trip going Mike? All fluids still good?

So far soo good, somehow the oil is mysteriously disappearing on me, its not leaking at idle nor burning out the back so im thinking its the rear main seal or something. its a slow leak though. so every 5 or 6 hours of driving i have to add a quart or 2. then i discovered a tiny pin hole leak where one of the fans mounts to the radiator. i have LOTS of tools with me including a soldering gun so i may try to solder that up just to get it to stop leaking. it doesnt get hot or anything. and the 3rd problem is that one of my fans has decided to stop working. not the main one thank god, its the smaller one thats in from of the turbo. im gonna play with that later and see if i can fix it.

GSX_TC

Quoting yeti:
i regret not being ready for the shoot out so bad i wish i could of carvaned out there with ya my 1g will be ready for next year

yeah i remember like 6 or 7 months ago i was asking people from this forum and dsmtuners if they wanted to cruise out with me to the shootout, some were like your crazy, and some were like i'll let you know. but everybody eventually flaked out on me. but its ok though. it would have been nice to have a fellow VR4 owner or a DSM cruising with me though. luckily one of my good friends has been planning this for the same amount of time that i have aswell and he's coming from texas to meet me here in oklahoma in his 1G Talon AWD, so it should be a lil more fun having another friend to cruise with on the way there

GSX_TC

Quoting mountaineerjeff:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Lol sell your soul?

yes, literally, not a KIA.

so far it hasnt added up to much, so in the mean time Im just working the corner.

Lol i wish i could drive by and say, "Got the Time" Lol

GSX_TC

just gave her a bath =)

k19qmb.jpg

2itou85.jpg

33tkt52.jpg

4fu90o.jpg

and Finally my Friend Rob showed up and my mom even came along for the trip =)

21bqgbn.jpg

xfxq9t.jpg

2u7y9lz.jpg

well thats all, for now. we leave first thing in the morning. 20 hours to go! =D

GSX_TC

Yeah a very tiny pin hole that takes like 8 hours before the needle wants to start wondering over to the hot side

onesickcrx

Would you like me to bring a stock good rad with me to Ohio? So you can make your trip home a little easier?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned