The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1991 Galant vs 2010 GT-R (video)

362Ryan

Quoting coyotes:
Really tempted to put an HX35 on my engine, it would be a similar setup. Your car is pretty fast for how simple it is.

Super cheap at the yards or when you find a Cummins guy that has upgraded.

transparentdsm

Quoting coyotes:
Really tempted to put an HX35 on my engine, it would be a similar setup. Your car is pretty fast for how simple it is.

i bought one a while back off of said cummins forum and i paid like 200$ for it and it was in perfect condition. looked almost new.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting blackvr4:

Just a consistent car that I have a lot of seat time in.

No lie. You really know how to launch that bitch. Both of your cars come out of the hole hard. Nice kill and good driving as always.

coyotes

Quoting transparentdsm:
Quoting coyotes:

i bought one a while back off of said cummins forum and i paid like 200$ for it and it was in perfect condition. looked almost new.

My buddy has one that came off his cummings, said I could have it. So.. it may happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blackvr4

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Quoting blackvr4:

Just a consistent car that I have a lot of seat time in.

No lie. You really know how to launch that bitch. Both of your cars come out of the hole hard. Nice kill and good driving as always.

Lol thanks, the talon is a lot easier to drive since it's on 4 slicks, galant you really have to be on point since there is so much less tire to work with. One little mistake and you take an L. Talon is hard to out run.

Jesus_Negros

Just make sure you get the appropriate exhaust housing.

blackvr4

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Just make sure you get the appropriate exhaust housing.

This, I wish I went 70ar on galant, the bolt on def feels like it's choking car up. Only problem.....the lack of space on galants, I'm already tucking a scirocco and barely got room /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

You currently have the BEP .55ar? I cant really say I much like BEP stuff. But BW and Holset don't make smallish housing like BEP do. Maybe Airwerks by BW does but I'm not sure.

blackvr4

Yea I got a BEP 55ar on galant (~6 years old) and BEP 70ar on talon (~3 years old). I can't really say anything negative about either, but then again besides maching the FP 3065 tdo5 housing to fit there really isn't other options for us Holset guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Well I don't like how restrictive they are but on the other side of the coin, if they weren't .55 or .70 people would complain about the spool. There's a lot more left in that turbo than what you get from those housings. But you have to compromise. So everyone cant be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackvr4

I personally think on my 56mm wheel the 70ar is plenty. However the 55ar is small wish they made something in between. Also remember talon Dave has gone almost 160 on a 70Ar and a 60mm hx40 if there is anything I've learned about cars sometimes the right combination of parts heavily out weighs theory or what looks "good" on paper.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned