The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1945 is now mine!

thedsmguy

I'm a little late to the party but the dsm and gvr4 wiring harnesses do not match up to well they have different lengths for the positioning of the in the interior etc.

This is fairly inspiring to see someone put one back together, I have a fully caged car thats a shell just waiting to be put together (maybe someday)

Good luck with this!

4wheelsqueal

This looks awesome! Great work! I was just too tired of working on alll mine to put this back together. Glad to see this and 1049 being put back together. Keep up the good work, sir!!

123abc

Thanks guys! As it sits, the car is ready for the transplant to happen. I was also able to find a 92 center section so I now have 92 tails on the back.

121011134842.jpg

There are a few misc pieces im still needing, but Im going to try swapping over the following off my talon:

-fuel filler neck
-fuel door release latch and cable
-trunk release cable
-washer fluid bottle

If anyone can offer some insight on the first two, I'd appreciate it, as those are the two most important.

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

Was just up in my garage attic a few minutes ago and found a gas door/trunk release lever and cables. Best offer with shipping and will send it out Friday. And may have a galant washer bottle in what's left of my parts car. Again throw me an offer with shipping.

Last edited:

123abc

Cars outside waiting for the weekend to come so I can start transfering parts.

121411154449.jpg

121411154511.jpg

Nice to see the car not in my cramped garage.

PolskiVR4

Quoting 123abc:
Thanks guys! As it sits, the car is ready for the transplant to happen. I was also able to find a 92 center section so I now have 92 tails on the back.

121011134842.jpg

There are a few misc pieces im still needing, but Im going to try swapping over the following off my talon:

-fuel filler neck
-fuel door release latch and cable
-trunk release cable
-washer fluid bottle

If anyone can offer some insight on the first two, I'd appreciate it, as those are the two most important.

The fuel filler neck can be ought new for not too bad of a price from jzntuning.com clicky

123abc

Yea, apparently to my friends that helped put this car together this weekend, the car is a flying penis fortress. lol

Galant is running and driving! Drove it 27 miles yesterday for the first time. Already the car drives better than my Talon did, but then again maybe thats because I have more poly bushings up front and the correct motor mounts. Still needs to be put up on the alignment rack, hopefully that'll happen tonight after work. Here's a bunch of pics twack and my friend took:

For anyone ever wondering, yes, a 1g filler neck and hose fits great:

12171850.jpg

Here's the crew that made it possible:

photo_4.JPG

First things first, swap rear ends:

12171001a.jpg

12171049b.jpg

12171049.jpg

Doin werk:

12171523b.jpg

Where'd it go:

12171614b.jpg

Here it be:

12171700.jpg

Poor Talon:

12171747a.jpg

Camaro brakes rockin strong:

12171850a.jpg

Because intercooler:

12180110.jpg

Exhaust:

photo_exhaust.JPG

photo_1.JPG

Here's 1945, with 100% new life:

done2.JPG

done3.JPG

done1.JPG

stealthtt24

Car looks good, I personally think 92 wheels would look better though. Super jelous of the lift!

123abc

Gave the car an alignment at work today. I'm thinking one of my control arms is bent because one side has more camber than the other in the front end. I have some much better control arms that I had sand blasted then I painted them and put new moog ball joints in them. I just need to buy a poly bushing kit for them.

Pic of engine bay as is:

121911092205.jpg

I need to pull the power steering pump out of the way and tighten the bracket that bolts to the block tonight yet. Somehow, it's loose and being my daily driver I can't have something happening.

4wheelsqueal

Wow, looks awesome!

123abc

Thanks guys. If anyone is considering relocating their washer bottle on a GVR4, It's pretty easy. I was able to use the stock bottle, with an L bracket from the washer fluid bottle off my DSM. When I had the wire harness out for fixing, I pulled the two wires for the washer fluid motor through the grommit and then ran it behind the dash, through the dr. side fender, and out the grommit behind the dr. side motor mount. Just have to run new hose (which I had to anyway, old stuff was junk).

122111092435.jpg

Looks way better in this location than where it is on the firewall from the factory.

RedTwo

Where's the overflow for the radiator? Down in the bumper void behind the fog lights/under the battery shelf?

123abc

Replaced the passenger side axle seal last night at work. It was leaking, must have been damaged when we did the swapping. I'm going to do the intake manifold gasket as well, it has been leaking for quite some time. I still have a list of things to do/fix on the car, but it's still running and driving strong. Tore up a parking lot last night after work, unfortunetly I'm only at 11 psi on my setup, but that's only till I can get my gauge pod and install my wideband.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned