The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1929/2000 has a new owner.NOW POSTED FOR SALE. IN FS SECTION

kooter

Picked up 1929 of 2000 last night. Still haven't really looked into what shape it is in other then missing engine and trans. Interior mostly dissasembled. I just couldn't pass it up. Will at it to the project list for when I am done with 148/2000. I figure between these two by the time I get a third one I will have the interior and engine and trans down cold.
Anyway just thought I would throw this out there.

Keeping it short and simple hear.

Last edited:

992gnt

I tried to grab that one today, just saw the ad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

kooter

Couple pics I snapped real quick. Gonna be a project for sure. Have to find out how bad the rust is.

It will be awhile before I get around to really doing anything with this. Although if the rust problem is too severe I really do hate to think of parting it out. Let's hope for the best.

Chi271

Saw this last night... This explains why he never responded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif lol... But it's all good. I guess all that rot explained the 400 obo pricing.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif... What he let it go for?

Epifool

Dont part it, i have a shell in great shape, just needs ... well, a lot! But its a very low rust car. I even know where the engine is, but i couldnt talk the previous owner out of that.

992gnt

I need a shell... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

donkeylips

The rusty ones make awesome winter cars

G

Staff member
This a part out? How much for the armrest lid?

LIV4PSI

From the looks of it, it should be a part out. I would take the grill, depending on broken tabs and price of course

kooter

Damn that was alot of pics.
Well basically I was just trying to inventory what I have as well as let everyone see what shape the car is in.
I really hate the idea of parting the car out as I think everyone of these cars is worth saving. Realistically though time and money are not always that readily available. With that being said I will give it another week to mull it over. As stated rusty = winter beater. I would thoroughly enjoy getting this thing up and running and just driving the piss out of it. If done by winter O BOY the fun times that could be had.

I will say this. if you see something you really need or want send me a pm make an offer what's the worst I can say. No right.
if I so decide to make her run I wont care about interior trim or anything beyond just driving, practice my launches, some mad drifting and general mayhem indeed.

hell make me an offer for the whole thing and maybe I will say yes. I will say I paid 500 cash, plus 75 to have it towed to my job.
148 of 2000 my nile black gvr4 needs alot of time and money so I would be interested in making a little cash to go into that one.
If I do decide to do a part out I would only be looking to sell at fair prices, not trying to get rich but would be happy to make a dent in the to do list for 148.

damn been over an hour just to set up this thread . I am exhausted.

If this becomes a part out or a for sale I will start in fs section and go from there.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
That frame does not look like it's repairable without SERIOUS metal work.
There are serious frame issues that make it completely unsafe to drive otherwise.
My professional opinion, that car would never see the road if it came through my shop for a safety inspection.

Please save yourself the headache. The frame is not salvageable except to the rich and initiated.

kooter

I didn't mean as to use it as a daily driver. More so just something to take out and beat the piss out of. As it is the car doesn't even have seatbelts in it.

G

Staff member
I think that was terry's old car, who passed it off to newb myles that didn't know any better to inspect for rust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting kooter:
I didn't mean as to use it as a daily driver. More so just something to take out and beat the piss out of. As it is the car doesn't even have seatbelts in it.

This would be even more stressful on the frame, and likely destroy it in even shorter order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Granted you could patch it up, in many places, but even then it won't likely be safe to boot around in or even keep out a bunch of the fumes you don't want coming in.

What was your plan for it? Rally Cross ?? Private back roads where only you drive and endanger only yourself ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just walk away after selling the parts. Get another shell.

Last edited:

kooter

General consensis that it is beyond repair.
thoughts were make it go. enjoy the fun and experience of putting it back together. Practice is always good. Give me some good know how when I begin the real build of 148/2000. Once she is up and running enjoy a few nights of after work hotlaps around the backstreets. No endagering anyone else for sure. This ain't the general lee kooter no jumping brindges. Maybe get lucky enough to get some practice tuning in there somehere. Again mostly and mainly in it for the knowledge and know how. As much as I would love to be able to save this one. Still haven't ruled that outdeal with lots of bodyshops and for the right amount of american dollars anything is possible. just not always practical. I am sure when the times comes 1929 will be spread around to breath life back into a few more worthy candidates.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned