The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

17" or 18" wheels

BlitzVR4

Quote:
Those look pretty nice. The whole car looks nice actually. That pic makes me want to tint my windows. BTW, the color of your car looks darker than factory belize, similar to mine. Did you have it resprayed?

No that is the original paint.

FCR

Quoting BluFalcon:
Go with the 17's. 18's look kind of ridiculous on the car.

In my opinion I don't think 18" or 19" wheels looks ridiculous on our cars.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

icurunnin

here are the Evo 5's I had on 501. The second pic was 847 on 18" Konig Imagines. There is always going to be "those" guys who arent going to like the bigger wheel. Good thing you buy what YOU like and not what "others" may think looks good on your car.
DSC01067.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

^^^^^^^ Well said. I have 18's on my car, I don't think they look ridiculous, and I've never had anyone tell me that either. My Galant also spent the first 5 of the 10 years I've owned the car on NYC streets driving around on 17 3 piece Racing Hart C5's and Rays Gram Lights with no flats and that includes numerous trip back and forth to North Carolina.

My car is also able to pull .96 lateral G on those 18's albeit on 225/40 Toyo RA1's.

Daryl

Chad989of2000

17s because they came with the car, but I prefer 16s to save some weight.

I got one too

I ran both on my car, and I prefer 17's because it gives you a smoother ride. The 18's, I feel are too hard. Unless my old Koni/Eibach's just suck.

Jordangvr4

So I decided w/17's it's the way to go.......thank guy's
wil show pic when they arrive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned