The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#139 - 2010 Reset Button

NateCrisman

It's the oem original brake master cyl that came with the car. Strange, iv never had one leak in all my dsm years. This one is dumping out fluid between the alum master cyl and the vacuum booster.

NateCrisman

Today a local welder came over to my garage and welded a new stud in to replace the snapped driveshaft carrier stud. Pretty simple. I sawed off the remaining broken stud flush with the floor, then removed the POR15 paint in the surrounding 1" around the stud. The guy used an old school stick welder. Then smoothed out the sides so the carrier bushing sat flush with the floor. Hopefully it will be strong enough to last.

796439038_9ZvCb-L.jpg

796439235_yqTEq-L.jpg

796439483_WXFZ8-L.jpg

Im hoping to finish up a few loose ends, put the driveshaft, Xcase, and radiator in tomorrow or friday and drive the car this weekend.

NateCrisman

#139 should have driven off the lift today, but my old battery isn't holding a charge. It sits on the charger for a few hours yesterday then tests at 12V, but then was dead today again. So no start until I get to walmart and pick up another batt tonight. :nonono2:

Completed engine bay. Yes, I know there are some poorly routed vac lines and the nos fogger still needs to be removed and plugged. Im missing an oil catch can. There is still some of the coolant/rust powder to be cleaned up in some spots. Little details to fix still, but it should run and drive tomorrow.

Pics of the 99% completed engine bay:

799200405_vvZzo-L.jpg

799201009_a28rW-L.jpg

799201580_nAym4-L.jpg

number3

Looking pretty good Nathan.

NateCrisman

WHOOO HOOOO

Drove #139 home tonight from the shop. Finished up some loose ends today and swapped the brake master cyl with one from a 1g dsm parts car. It still needs significant setup (base ign timing set, pumpgas tune loaded, boost set) and tons of cleanup. But at least it runs and drives. Needs an alignment as well.

Few pics of the car sitting in my driveway at home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

800260980_raxFM-L.jpg

800261443_f5zcF-L.jpg

800259981_pNuZh-L.jpg

800260507_3NtaM-L.jpg

Polish

I never realized how clean your car is, looking very nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NateCrisman

This summer it's going to get a paintless dent repair on the rear pass door and likely all the ground effects and both bumper covers repainted. Since Im not planning to really race it much this season, it should stay mechanically sound and my efforts car go into cosmetic details and overall cleanup. I'd still like to get a set of manual seatbelts, nicer wheels & sticky street tires. Tint windows & cover all the chrome. I want to replace the exhaust system too with a mint condition system.

Thanks for the kudo's on #139's condition though, Im actually very proud of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Gizmovr4

Nate,

Nice to see it on the ground- I have to stop in and see it run.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned