The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1036/2000

Quoting AnotherNewb:

You sir, have no room to speak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

AnotherNewb

The point I was making was that not everyone likes the same thing. If you want to call the Evo kit RICER then what do you consider the panda? Crank even said you either love it or hate it...

Personally this is what The Panda reminds me of:

But thats just it. We live in a world where you can make your car look how ever you want even like this:

Now I'm not a big fan of the card board body kit and the aluminum foil rims but I bet this guy is DAMN proud of his hooptie. Not the prettiest thing on the road but at least it is something for the owner to be proud of.

TO THE OP:

Do what ever you want with your car, don't let someone tell you what they like compared to what you like. If your on the fence with what to do, ask for an opinion. Don't take the hive mentality and jump off of bridges because someone else said it was cool. GL with the build, sorry for taking your post off topic.

I really don't think jdm bumpers and cf jdm parts are anything close to an Evo bodykit/wing/hood. But hey I'll drive around a police car with decent body lines and Advans all day.

Diego

Quoting black91GVR4:
Yeah I used to get part's all the time from him, i didn't get burned until now..Cause i still don't have my turbo block/or head..

Oh well there's plenty out there..

What colors the Hood??

Its nile black.... we gotta deal cause ill throw the hood on 577 and drive to you so that 1309 has a fancy hood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AnotherNewb

Quoting crankwalk:
I really don't think jdm bumpers and cf jdm parts are anything close to an Evo body kit/wing/hood. But hey I'll drive around a police car with decent body lines and Advans all day.

I'm not trying to insult you, crankwalk. I think the PANDA is very clean, but I don't care for the two tone. You have a very nice car. Do you think that everyone that see's it thinks its as great as you do? I doubt it. At least the PO went out on a limb and did something different with his car. No one makes fun of the GVR4's from overseas that look way more ridiculous than the Evo wanna be.

Quoting AnotherNewb:

Do what ever you want with your car, don't let someone tell you what they like compared to what you like. If your on the fence with what to do, ask for an opinion. Don't take the hive mentality and jump off of bridges because someone else said it was cool. GL with the build, sorry for taking your post off topic.

And for the record I didn't call the OP a ricer. I agreed with you that your opinion is garbage. That's all.

raptorWagon

Quoting AnotherNewb:
I'm not trying to insult you, crankwalk. I think the PANDA is very clean, but I don't care for the two tone. You have a very nice car. Do you think that everyone that see's it thinks its as great as you do? I doubt it. At least the PO went out on a limb and did something different with his car. No one makes fun of the GVR4's from overseas that look way more ridiculous than the Evo wanna be.

Actually it was two POs ago that created the shape the car is in, darksideauto was working his way to bring it back to stock again. The difference I could see with overseas owners and us is......they have a pretty big abundance of 6th gen Galants where as we don't and parts overall for us are harder to come by and a major portion of this community here in the states thrives to keep these cars in their original form and keep mods on as needed or purposeful basis instead of "it looks siiiick, badass!!cool" factors. Like I said if you want an early Evo, just take a trip to Vancouver B.C. and go pick one up, there's a few Evo Is, IIs for sale right now, and hell I think come next year there will be Evo 3s starting to make their way to Canada.

Quoting AnotherNewb:
No one makes fun of the GVR4's from overseas that look way more ridiculous than the Evo wanna be.

See, you are new. You actually don't know what goes on here. 6 weeks isnt long enough to know what we make fun of and what we don't. Every few years when some foreign garbage comes in from Finland or Yuoslavia or wherever with a big ugly body kit (usually the same kit) we all make fun of it.

AnotherNewb

Actually, I have been a member here since 8/09 on a different user name. After a short hiadas I lost my password and could never get someone to answer my password requests. But we are getting off subject. Just because you think its awesome/crappy doesn't mean that everyone thinks just like you. I understand wanting to keep the the pedigree of these cars pure. But I am bored with the same 3 bumpers: JDM pre lift, JDM post lift, and stock. I did see an LS bumper without the fog lights that I thought looked pretty good, so make that 4 different bumpers. Don't hate because you have a hive mentality. If it wasn't for outlandish designs we not have concept cars. I love these cars and I respect the VR-4's. Me personally, I would not have put the evo wanna be bumper on a galant but I applaud the the PO for his attempt at individuality. Just like I applaud crankwalk for his CRAZY 2 tone and CF paint job. I might not like it but I respect your individuality. You did a great job pulling it off. Stop hating. I didn't do that to that galant. I'm sure the pictures I have seen of it don't show all the HACK that was put into it but the pictures I have seen I liked it.

That does sound like a plan, but i dought you'll wanna trade..It's starting to show a some crack marks from where it was molded( Not bad,but not good either).. But the choice is on you.. I rather have a stock hood.. i don't like the rain comming in at my motor..

But your more then welcome to get it..

There was LOTS of hacking done to this poor car.. between hte rollcage, the tank in the trunk..the nos holder, Front cross memeber Blah blah blah.. the list goes on.. but as i stated i'm going back to stock look.. so why fuss over the Bodykit.. in the pictures it shows stock bumpers not evo stuff.. besides hood and wing.. We all have our special look's that we would all like to have. But not everyone can afford, or have the skills to make it happen..it also takes along time to change a look.. It's not something that can happen overnight, and if it can please kindly show the direction.

AnotherNewb

The path to over night perfection /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OMFG!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I know someone who did just this.

Diego

You sir will have a pm coming your way..... I've seen this car in Person... so I know the hood is about a 7/10

Ill take it... I don't car about rain... gotta garage...

Quoting black91GVR4:
That does sound like a plan, but i dought you'll wanna trade..It's starting to show a some crack marks from where it was molded( Not bad,but not good either).. But the choice is on you.. I rather have a stock hood.. i don't like the rain comming in at my motor..

But your more then welcome to get it..

yeah I don't think credit cards are gonna just do the trick my friend..

it might help.. but it will never finish it! haha.

UPDATE!

I been busy working 7 days a week and haven't had to much time..

So i'll just post pictures.

Had To replace the Carpet.. it was super nasty.

I had to remove the rollcage to fix all the seatbelts.

But stock seatbelt's in out of my Parts Galant.

90 Part's car.

The front support was cut, and moved.. For what reason? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The one that was in it!

The one going back in.

The Motor is in..

My newer Front Mount that i will be using.

PARTS CAR..( and no there was nothing wrong with it. )

I will be posting more pictures..

After i mount the innercooler i'm taking it to have the IC piping made and powdercoating, along with some other parts and VC.

Hittman

img.php

^ Looks like some floss got stuck in his teeth

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with it besides the hidious FM rig job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Hahaha Yea i talked to the kid that did it and he said he was in a hurry to get it done..

i called him an idiot.. Because the car was darn near perfect until now! = D

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts