The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

for those of you with front plate laws, where is your plate?

BpuVR4

mine covers my broken driver's side foglight.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
In Illinois I carried my front plates in the vehicle (for two of mine), along with a broken front mount. "officer, the bracket is broken and I am waiting for a new one to install it". Used the excuse once with my truck, but he gave me a fix it ticket, so I had to put it on and get signed off it was installed.

Now in Michigan I can finally breathe easy (and so can the VR4s).

tektic

Quoting BpuVR4:
mine covers my broken driver's side foglight.

Ditto. Except Mine is just an open hole.

idreamidrive

When I was living in Wisconsin, I was pulled over once in 10 years of not running a front plate. I was a block from my place in Milwaukee and got lit up. The cop comes over to me and says, "You know you are supposed to have a front plate." I reach behind the passenger seat, into the map pocket (looking back this might have not been the greatest of moves), and pull out the plate. He says, "Have a nice day." And guess what... I did have a nice day.

Living in California now, I wouldn't even try to not run a front plate unless you have out of state plates and then they can't do anything about it. Can't enforce another states law.

birdman24

Ohio has this stupid law, I keep mine between the center console and the passenger seat. If i were to ever get pulled over it I'd simply tell the officer I'm not drilling holes in rare car's bumper. My Ram 2500 doesn't have a front plate on it either, no one ever messes with me in that truck though lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

EfiniX

I've got mine on a door hinge that I balanced with some washers so that it swings freely with little effort. I've actually seen it blow fairly flat at-speed while driving behind a particularly shiny truck. I'm just not completely in love with how it looks... The real problem is that the metal hinge rattles like a coffee can full of bolts while I'm idling.

vr4g63

Couldn't tell you. Previous owner, maybe the one before him. I've been pulled over a couple times for speeding and they didn't say jack about the front plate. I did get a hefty parking ticket in downtown Portland for not having it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I avoid downtown Portland now, but if I do go there, I park in a private lot instead of on the street. I'm going to get some vanity plates soon, then the front one will live on the wall of my garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned