The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

remove plastic screws on fender liners

paul j

I am trying to remove the under cover between wheel and transaxle to remove TA. How do you get those connectors out?

fuel

you need to start unscrewing without putting too much pressure on the screwhead so it pops out just enough to get a flat head blade underneath the head, then keep unscrewing to pry it out entirely. Failing that if they are completely screwed (no pun intended!) you can just rip them out with pliers or the end of wire cutters.

vr4play

I use a small flathead pocket screw driver and don't apply inward pressure and you can usually get them to start to come out enough you can grab them. Phillips seems to make it harder for me like you can't get it to turn without applying too much pressure.

prove_it

Then once they are out, replace them with a standard push clip and save a future headache.

misterfixit

Yes, they are a pita.

Use a watch makers screwdriver to lever the head proud enough that you can grab it with needle nose pliers. Once out, don't put it straight back, clean it, and the grommet.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned