The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help installing Tein pillowball mounts on rear Bilsteins...

BrandonEchols

Hey guys, need some help with these, I got the stock top hats off, but I'm unsure how to put the Tein bits on now. The pictured instructions in the box don't seem right. I guess I'm wondering about the top spring perch that comes on the Bilsteins... does that stay? Get modified? Because the Teins have no spring perch, and they don't fit inside the stock one. These are for the E39A, are they even compatible with these rears?
Any help is appreciated. Here are some pics.

5e4092ce.jpg

ac68a6a3.jpg

b003a3f2.jpg

8932d675.jpg

Brunoboy

I did the same, there's play in the rear but I'm not sure if it's because I didnt put the rubber in or not.

belize1334

The problem is that those teins are designed to be used with a flat-cut 2.5" coil spring. The springs you have are from an Evo and are more like 2.4" and aren't flat-cut. The stock springs are like 3" and they're not flat-cut either. I don't know if tein rear hats can be used with OE style springs, nor do I know why you'd want to use them. As far as I can tell the performance advantage over stock is negligible since they don't off camber adjustment the way the fronts do.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned