The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ground Control with Koni Front/AGX Rear Installed

BluFalcon

Finally got around to installing some suspension stuff that I've had lying around for awhile now. Car is primarily a weekend car that gets driven on the street and might go to the track once in awhile. I went with new Koni 1G DSM inserts in AGX housings, along with Ground Control sleeves and springs (180F/230R). These were paired up with some Tein front camber plates I already had for my previous setup. Install was fairly straightforward with a few weird things that were covered in the VFAQ. I had to grind the collars on the Koni inserts slightly to clear the Ground Control sleeves for the front struts. The Koni provided rubber strut seal/cover also needed to be trimmed slightly to go on after the front sleeve was installed on the strut body. If you plan on using Konis with your Ground Control setup, you have to specify that when you order them as I believe the Koni front strut is thicker in diameter than the AGX or OEM shocks. I cut the majority of the stock spring perch off the strut housing and ground down enough to allow the collar to sit on it. Hit it with some engine paint in the backyard to take care of the bare exposed metal, and one or two times where I let the air tools get away from me while I was cutting the strut bodies.

Installed them in the car, along with a 1G STB that I've had for awhile. Had to grind on the Tein camber plates slightly to clear the bolt for the STB pad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Went for a test drive and the car feels great. Set the fronts for 1/2 turn stiff and went for a drive. Not too stiff, and feels very nice and composed in the turns. Overall, I'm very happy wit the way it all turned out. Aside from almost getting stabbed by a runaway die grinder that is.

Nabeel

I used Koni at my 8G VR2 galant. They are the best. good control & comfortable for daily driving.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned