The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Working Power Antenna.

2000GTX

Like the title says, looking for an Antenna that goes up and down all fancy and stuff.

2000GTX

Anybody?

maroonmetallic

I'm assuming there are more standard antennas around than operating power antennas.
I have a working power antenna but its not for sale.

I will sell you a standard antenna & base though!

-Shawn

trexn8

You should still be able to get the mast new from the dealer. I replaced mine with a new part.

2000GTX

Thanks for all the help guys, but I'm trying to replace my non-powered antenna with a powered one. I was hoping someone might have one left... going to have to wait for another partout I guess.

EfiniX

The previous owner of my car shaved everything. I know at least the mast motor is still in there. I'll check to see how complete the system is.

If you have a non-power antenna, you'll need to wire line power and a lead to the radio. There's a harness, so you'll need a wiring diagram.

2000GTX

Well my initial theory was to somehow set it up on an auxiliary switch someplace that powered the motor. This way the antenna would just be down all the time.

But then again maybe I'll just look at some short antenna options.

89Mirageman

I used one from an early 90's diamante back when I had a GVR4. There were very minor differences, seems like I had to swap over the mounting bracket or something. Since you're starting from scratch just go aftermarket. There are some nicer ones out there.

EfiniX

Quoting 2000GTX:
Well my initial theory was to somehow set it up on an auxiliary switch someplace that powered the motor. This way the antenna would just be down all the time.

But then again maybe I'll just look at some short antenna options.

Well you could use a switch, or you could wire it to the radio antenna remote wire and would go up and down when you turned the radio on (staying down while the radio is off or when you are using a non-radio input). As for the wiring diagram, regardless of your installation, you would need to know what connection does what on antenna motor itself.

maroonmetallic

I want to say that that car came with a power antenna as I know its history.
Maybe not though.

Good luck in the search!

-Shawn

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts