The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 5-lug swap

turbowop

Paul (thedsmguy) is out of 5-lug swaps. I'm not sure when he'll get more, so I figure I'll ask the rest of you. 1051 needs five lugs for its new wheels. Lemme know...

89Mirageman

I have a non abs setup that I won't be using. I can either press the front hubs out or ship the entire knuckle and hub. Looking to get $85 + shipping.

jepherz

Staff member
Mark, I have a few sets of rear spindles. If you are interested in just rears from me I can grab you pics this week.

89Mirageman

I believe the rears are the same and you just swap your abs gear over to the non abs part. There is a 92 fwd turbo car at the yard and I am pretty sure it has abs on it but I'd have to check and see.

jepherz

Staff member
They are. And although I never compared them myself, I think it's advantageous to use FWD spindles on any car that's lowered at all.

turbowop

Quoting jepherz:
Mark, I have a few sets of rear spindles. If you are interested in just rears from me I can grab you pics this week.

I'd like to buy everything from one person to save shipping costs, but if it comes down to needing just the rear spindles from you, I'll let you know. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbowop

BTW, I'd also like to get a DSM ABS control unit if anybody has one laying around. And I need one of those fat washers that go behind the large axle nut on the front axles. Thanks...

89Mirageman

Will you be reusing your knuckles and replacing the wheel bearings and seals or are you looking to just bolt on the entire assembly? I can fit these parts in a large flat rate box for $15 if you don't want the knuckles. Not sure what the yard would want for that abs unit but I can ask.

turbowop

I could go either way. If the bearings are decent on a full assembly, I'd take that. Especially if it's off a FWD since my car is lowered.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
BTW, I'd also like to get a DSM ABS control unit if anybody has one laying around. And I need one of those fat washers that go behind the large axle nut on the front axles. Thanks...

I have a control unit available. You are talking the computer in the trunk, correct?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If you are retaining ABS and using the 1g control unit, make sure you use 47 tooth rotors front and rear.

turbowop

Yeah, I've read all the how-to's on retaining ABS with a 5-lug swap on our cars, so I know to keep the front rear tooth counts 1:1. I could use that ABS module if you wanna part with it. PM me plz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

89Mirageman

It's been a while since I worked on an abs car. Sounds like he'll have to press the front hubs out to swap out the abs gear, correct?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
May have jumped the gun on the control unit. I need to check the part number and application on the one I have.

turbowop

Sounds like 89Mirageman has a fwd abs car in his local junkyard, so he's picking me up the abs computer and front hubs/knuckles.

Anybody have rear 5-lug spindles with abs rings on them?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned