The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who here is in 10s?

slugsgomoo

Quoting Brianawd:
Parts broke after twin disc install
2 ujoints
1 4bolt diff
1 4bolt axle
1 front axle.
I know there will be more.

i can't wait to run my car with the twin disk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

bets on gvr4 1st gear with twin disk & 2.4L /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

charmcity

So is running in the 12's dificult at all Im actually setting my goal around there and any more will be a plus. I will have a fully built motor though. I cant wait I would love to be in the top 25 fastest GVR4s.

Rausch

Quote:
bets on gvr4 1st gear with twin disk & 2.4L

Negative ghostrider, the gearbox is full. (Or in this case, empty) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lonewolf64

Quoting charmcity:
So is running in the 12's dificult at all Im actually setting my goal around there and any more will be a plus. I will have a fully built motor though. I cant wait I would love to be in the top 25 fastest GVR4s.

You don't need anything more than a stock block, good compression, a 16g, some bolt ons, and a good tune to get to the 12s consistently. Granted, that means that you have to be a reasonable driver.

charmcity

I wont bench race but a built motor and a hx40 should get me somewhere in the low 12's high 11's and I think im a resonable enough guy.

Brianawd

Quote:
I wont bench race but a built motor and a hx40 should get me somewhere in the low 12's high 11's and I think im a resonable enough guy.

If a hx40 is the sh*t like wheelhop said it was, then you should be in the 10s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

uncleben4rice

Things are looking up...I will never spend 8 grand again to go slow with an import...I spent 8 grand on my El Camino and it went in the 10s easy...my Nova is going to run 9s for about 15 grand....I should spend about another 4 grand for a total of about $12,000 to get the Galant to run high 11s...all I need now is a gt40r some e85 and a set of 1600cc injectors to finish the job...if I would have knew then,,, what I know now... I would never picked this car to modify for speed...you folks out there don't be fooled...it cost a lot of money to make these cars fast...

$3000 motor
$2000 TRE tranny
$3000 turbo and acc
$4000 supporting mods and labor

this is whats needed to run 10s or 11s

3rdstrikedsm

Many people have gone 10's on a stock motor and about 4-5k in mods?

Brianawd

Quote:
Things are looking up...I will never spend 8 grand again to go slow with an import...I spent 8 grand on my El Camino and it went in the 10s easy...my Nova is going to run 9s for about 15 grand....I should spend about another 4 grand for a total of about $12,000 to get the Galant to run high 11s...all I need now is a gt40r some e85 and a set of 1600cc injectors to finish the job...if I would have knew then,,, what I know now... I would never picked this car to modify for speed...you folks out there don't be fooled...it cost a lot of money to make these cars fast...

$3000 motor
$2000 TRE tranny
$3000 turbo and acc

If you are spend that kind of money just to run high 11s then you are a Retard. Please sell your car now and grow a mullet and have fun with your El Camino /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

3rdstrikedsm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting Brianawd:
Quote:

If a hx40 is the sh*t like wheelhop said it was, then you should be in the 10s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

IF you're refering to the fact that the hx40 spools as fast as your turbo and made 100whp more, then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

You really should lighten up. It's not like the hx40 isn't $400 more affordable than your choice brand new. Your turbo couldn't even hold to redline the boost required to make such horsepower, though the sh!tty bep housing was used with the hx40.

I do absoultely agree that it costs not nearly half that much to achieve 11s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianawd

Quote:
Your turbo couldn't even hold to redline the boost required to make such horsepower

Are you f***ing joking me. My car weighs 3360 with me in it and traps 131.55mph. Go do the math and tell me what my FWHP is. Oh and I pick up 31.5mph in the last 1/8 so that should tell you its making power all the way to red line(8500rpm). Once I get my car up and running I will post up a log of my car showing full boost (29)psi at 3400rpms doing a 3rd gear roll on starting at 2000rpms.

Last edited:

Are you joking me? Since when does 131 mph trap speed with that weight equal more than 600*crank* hp. Patric Hale's formula is the most accurate for an AWD drive train. Your powerband goes althe way to your redline. Yes, and your turbo still can't support the boost it takes to make 100whp more.

You know that your spool speed is out of the ordinary. Most report the 3052 spooling to 20psi in a lighter 1g car (less load) by 3800-4000 rpms. I have a log of the hx40 doing the same thing.

Brianawd

Those are calculating RWHP not crank HP.

Its the same things as using on like this
click

So I willing to bet money that I am over 600crank hp

Quote:
where
-"MPH" is the terminal speed (trap speed),
-"ET" is the elapsed time,
-"224" is the empirically determined coefficient that includes the necessary unit conversion factors,
-"hp" is the peak engine horsepower output at the clutch (net power), and
-"weight" is the the total weight of the vehicle (with driver) in pounds.

3rdstrikedsm

The hp to trap ratio is just about correct providing there were no major weight reductions.
It takes 550-600 whp to dip in to mid the 10's.

My friend who had the first gvr4 in the 10's only had 510 whp and ran 10.80's eith a 1.5 60ft.

Brianawd

Quote:
where
-"224" is the empirically determined coefficient that includes the necessary unit conversion factors,

Funny because all the other HP calculators show RWHP. I know my car is making close to 600awhp. I know that because I have walked my friends 2g that weighs about the same as my car and makes 550awhp. Now are you going to tell me that I walked him because of some force field that was holding his car back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

CarRacer

Quoting uncleben4rice:

$3000 motor
$2000 TRE tranny
$3000 turbo and acc

You've posted above quote a couple times in different variations. Everytime, most have said you were wrong or misinformed. Would you please stop?

Thanks.

Quoting Brianawd:
Quote:
where

Funny because all the other HP calculators show RWHP. I know my car is making close to 600awhp. I know that because I have walked my friends 2g that weighs about the same as my car and makes 550awhp. Now are you going to tell me that I walked him because of some force field that was holding his car back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

No they don't. It's not mentioned anywhere in that page. Just the statement I quoted. Those formulas are spitting out crank hp.

Now, I can see how a dyno can read high and your friend could have a high reading dyno spit out 550whp. It happens. A full weight AWD dsm weighs about the same and a 500whp dynoed car can do similar.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned