The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What exactly is the black tar that seals the tails?

Terry Posten

The painter might even donate to the cause.

Rausch

Quote:
^Nope. Seam sealer sets. Its similar to silicone caulk, but its paintable.

This just goes to show how little I truly know about body stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry Posten

I know less. I can take it apart and put it back together but can't fix ANYTHING metal, FG, CF, paint.

I don't want to use silicon because I want to be able to take it apart later if need be without destroying things.

tommyp

spooling has the right part posted. I used the same stuff to seal up my rear quarter window the other year (no leaks). It was readily available at a car parts store. If you don't see it at the store, just ask the guy at the counter.

deez

3M Strip-Calk Part No. 051135-08578 its nasty stuff, won't come off your clothes if you get it on so be careful.

holeshotmoe

I call it black, sticky, nastiness. This is what they used to use to stick front and rear windshields on to the chassis with. There's a stickier, nastier version that sticks the plastic sheet under your door panels to the door. You can get it in various diameters. Paint thinner and kerosene cleans it pretty good.
...Oh shoot, somebody already posted a link to the stuff

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned