The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Well the problems keep adding up

Well now I noticed twice now that my oil cap is getting blow by with lots of oil leeking all over the valve cover and the cap is new since this happen befor I bought a new one. I wonder what this could mean mmm checked plugs as well copper color . Battery died again for no.reason and I lost a quart of oil watter was low as well so what next masive boost leaks haha

mitsuturbo

I don't even know where to begin here. At least you made it into the right section. That's saying something.

I suggest you do a compression test, leakdown test, boost test, and cooling system test. After you do that, report back here and someone will give you appropriate advice.

Ok I suck then. Well collent is fine .just main qs is what causing my oil caps to not keep a seal ?

dsmtalontsi95

Does it feel a little lose? If it does try bending the 2 tabs that hook into the valve cover. Bend them closer to the oil cap.

SouthCaliVR4

Also if you haven't replace the pcv valve, If you did & it was an aftermarket one, get a Mitsu one.

Sounds good I will check both car runs great then its like its getting flooded around 3000rpm thats when I notice the cap is loose again and oil loss also the battery is cheap autozone unit can this afect spark?

ok well probly just gonna blow it up !!!!!! now im getting a clanking sound frum under the valve cover when reved to 4000rpm you can hear it like a bolt was just thrown in there and let bounce around... dose not make this sound at idle... you can also hear it when just cruising slow with the window down playin with the throttle . lastly i noticed when i first leave in the morning or whenever after warm up the oil guage i have goes up to 75 in 5th gear @ 3000rpm and while cruising @ 65mph the pressure slowly comes down to 40 and the car seems to act slugish... @ idle it reads 10 just hoping this is not some of the problems i seem to be having with oil caps blowing seals 2 now .. no matter how tight i get it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Brunoboy

clanking? Lifters? Rockers?

Man when does it end. The car has been getting worse and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif worse at 3000rpm the car acts like its flooded .started looking aroud and found the tps is only held on with one bolt and the platic is broken and gone so no new bolt will fix this ...wonder if this is part of the reason why it is so dogish to drive

steve

Sounds like your car needs a lot of attention. There are some really good members in AZ, maybe you can get someone to look at it with you for a few beers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

There are like michael but like alot of people time is moneyer and I dont have alot . I know this car could be great again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned