The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

weird noise coming from my transmission

Got it dropped off shortly after getting it packed. You should see it around Wed Thurs I would expect.

AnotherNewb

Since no one has pointed this out yet the vr4 front motor mount is specific to the galant and can not be interchanged with a dsm mount. The proper mount will be stamped 344.

transparentdsm

thank you another newb, i had no idea so looks like i will have to check it out when the bracket gets here. im a dsm guy i had no idea the brackets were different

AnotherNewb

Its a common mistake. Even I have made it. The front mount is the only one that is specific to the vr4. Installing a dsm mount in that position will tip the motor forward and make getting the mount bolts in place a real pain. Just make sure you have a 344 stamp before you install the mount and you'll be good to go.

transparentdsm

my motor is tipping forward bad right now as it is, i bought it and had no idea it wasn't in there until last week when i pulled the transmission to put a new one in and do my clutch, havent driven the car since the new install because i turned the car on and it made all kinds of noises! that explains what my problems where. the guy kinda shisted me, but boy am i in love with these freaking cars. im moving back east in a few months and right now im trying to buy another one on the east coast so i can have two when i get back there.

transparentdsm

haha there is nothing wrong with being nosy. im moving back to the jersey, new york, pa area. im gonna be out in like blakeslee, pa. its a little less expensive and my fiancee and i have good job offers so we thought it would be the best for both of us.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned