The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

transfer case broken

BENE38A

i think i broke my transfer case havent dropped it yet but came around a corner and gave it boost and then i got heavy vibration, my steering wheel went almost out of control, very lucky i was 100m from work so creeped it in to the workshop by then the front tyres were squeeling on the concrete but not the back is it the gearbox or transfer case someone out there may have experienced something similiar, i didnt experience anything out of the ordinary no death whines or nothing ?????? beats me until i pull it

jnava

Staff member
Since i've had this happen to me more than I would like. When you TC fails, your going to have the rear wheels lock up. You are describing the complete opposite of what has happened to me. I think you may have a gearbox failure.

BENE38A

yea that was my other concern looks like it time i just priced up a new clutch to do anyway so i was going to be in there these holidays thank you jnava.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned