The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tips on to installing a rear strut bar?

GVR41380

Hello, i need some suggestions on how i should trim the trunk side covers to install my new rear stut bar for my GVR4

any clever idea is much appriecated, Thanks

EHmotorsports

Any picks of the trunk? I didn't think they had any covers. Should just bolt on my friend.

EMX5636

Usually for cutting interior plastics I'll heat up a razor blade in a pair of vice grips. Or if you're careful, you can use a cut-off wheel in a dremel. Just leave a bit of room, because you'll have to clean up the edges.

GVR41380

Il probly heat up a razor blade like you said bc i was looking at the side covers in the trunk and the material seems to be really thin.. il take pics and see how good i can do this.

EMX5636

Yea I was just looking at mine now. It's just the "carpet" you need to cut through in the Galant. I guess I was thinking about the plastic panels in my old 1G that got a rear strut bar. Well, a helpful tip for cutting interior plastic anyways! lol

GVR41380

ok so i installed the new rear strut bar in #1380 aka Sleepy
heres how it turned out... it was really really easy to cut that cardboard.

James

Exactly what mine looks like

belize1334

For a fancy finish get some channelled rubber trim to run around the circumference of the hole (same idea as the hard plastic trim that runs around the circumference of the trunk pass-through). Should be able to find something passable in the weather stripping section of your home-improvement store.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Or a larger size rubber grommet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts