The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The rebuild of 808/2000

3rdstrikedsm

Ugh that sucks yea people in the gvr4 world can be huge slackers but there are a good group of real quality people here it just sucks that you had a run in with somebody who slacking on shipping your parts in your first dealing here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

He is an active member, has been here awhile. I didnt think I would have to deal with it. He says he is an hr and a half away form anywhere to ship it out. He was supposed to get it out thursday, had an excuse. Supposed to get it out yesterday, I havnt heard from him. I can see he has been on yesterday and today, I have sent two pms about the harnesses and have gotten no response.

bobdole

Hope you get this worked out. You are doing a great job on the car.

The engine bay is painted!! I was hoping it would warm up today so I could spray it. It did thankfully. I dont have any real good pics after clear. Once I spray clear, I get the hell out of the garage so I dont stir up too much dust and it gets in the clear lol.

Here it is before anything.
DSC03715.jpg

DSC03716.jpg

DSC03717.jpg

2k epoxy primer. Normally I wouldnt use this, but since I stripped down to bare metal, this creates a nice shield over the bare metal! This pruduct is a 2k primer/sealer. mix it one way and its a epoxy primer, mix it another way, you got a epoxy primer/sealer. So the white went on directly after this.
DSC03718.jpg

DSC03719.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

Now some color. Nothing crazy, just some good ole' summit white!
DSC03721.jpg

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03724.jpg

I wont comment on that, Chris. lol

The title for the bike came sat. I didnt get home in time to take it to the post office. It will go out tomorrow though, along with the tank protector.

Clear coat is dust free now. I went and snagged some pics of it in its glory! lol
DSC03725.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

DSC03727.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03729.jpg

DSC03730.jpg

bustedsm

Quoting tsidrift1:
I wont comment on that, Chris. lol

The title for the bike came sat. I didnt get home in time to take it to the post office. It will go out tomorrow though, along with the tank protector.

Aww, why not? I mean c'mon, for a first timer with no experience it wasn't HORRIBLE....right? RIGHT!

Badass, I'm excited to get some plates on it, even though I've been riding without them but for some reason cops really don't give a damn around here. Who know?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

3rdstrikedsm

I must say that if you do finish this it will most likely be the cleanest gvr4 out there which is a bold statement but I have seen your attention to detail so with that being said I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Now to get that wire harness you paid for!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

blacksheep

Did you spray the proportioning valve? Looks like the threads are all covered in paint. Guessing its there as a temporary piece.

Pics of Evo 9...

Great re-paint job. I assume you used a compressor and gun? That's waay to awesome for a rattlecan job

Last edited:

I did spray the proportioning valve. I am gonna throw some brake fluid in the threads to clean them out. It was looking pretty nast, I thought of painting it black, but then though, it might look cool kinda "blended" in with the firewall. I got the brake lines all cleaned up for re-assembly. This was shot with base/clear. Its very hard to get a rattle can to look this good lol.

Chris, supposedly, the harness is being shipped out tomorrow. I really hope it does, thats the last thing I need before I start assembling the car again. I am still on the hunt for a turbo too. Not sure what to go with. I want something that spools up nice and quick, but then, I do miss my 3065 lol.

Here is some requested pics of the evo 9.
This is behind my g/f's evo X se!
DSC03669.jpg

The evo is now wingless also. I scooped up a lancer trunklid from the junkyard on the way home from looking at 808.
myevoedited1.jpg

myevoedited.jpg

idk Chris. lol Turbowop has got to have the cleanest vr4 out there. That would be very tough to beat! He is my inspiration for building a clean vr4 though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bustedsm

That house looks familiar....not sure why yet.

Oh sh*t, forgot to tell you how we got the bike off the truck. If you remember the new entrance into my neighborhood and the ledge that was left over from the old road. Backed truck up, dropped tailgate, and rolled it off the truck like we did getting it on. Genius, I know.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting tsidrift1:
idk Chris. lol Turbowop has got to have the cleanest vr4 out there. That would be very tough to beat! He is my inspiration for building a clean vr4 though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well there is your benchmark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Behind Shep you had to have had the worlds cleanest 1g.

This kind of makes me want to do another gvr4 but I am more of a hp junkie so I will stay in 2jz land where it is so easy to come by Lol

Kc I am sure you are wondering about the evo 8 bumper on the ix so go ahead Anthony and answer that for every body wondering Haha.

ha, yea, I get that alot, "why did you get rid of the 9 bumper" lol. I just prefer the look of the 8 front. Especialyl once I put the Do luck carbon lip on. I will get some rexspeed side ducts as well soon. The 8 bumper is just more aggressive to me. The 9 is more of a clan, mature look. Whereas the 8 is just business lol. If that makes any sense at all.

For those of you wondering, I am working on this gvr4 now. Here is what I did to a 1g. Unfortunately is was parted out, due to wanting an evo badly....again, and the fact that my hood flew up on me at 90 doing a 3rd gear pull. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Just an idea on what to look forward to for the gvr4!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
DSC03248.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

turbowop

Holy sh*t, dude. Your 1g was ridiculous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

BTW, for the record, my hood and trunk jambs were done with rattlecan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

blacksheep

I agree - The 8 has a hawkish nose from the side profile. The IX is more stylish. I like both of them, though. I remember seeing pics of the 1G on Evom. Very nice and clean. I am sure if you stayed with the gvr4 project, it will turn out just as nice.

JSchleim18

Quoting tsidrift1:

For those of you wondering, I am working on this gvr4 now. Here is what I did to a 1g. Unfortunately is was parted out, due to wanting an evo badly....again, and the fact that my hood flew up on me at 90 doing a 3rd gear pull. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Just an idea on what to look forward to for the gvr4!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
DSC03248.jpg

Funny...that engine bay shot is my wallpaper on my work computer. It's a dual monitor setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Damn tsidrift1, that 1g was beautiful, I can't believe you actually parted that car. I would have loved to buy it as it was.

dustyduff

I was actually going to but the shell before I picked up my galant. I couldn't convince my buddy to drive out there and pick it up with me. It's a shame that car was parted out, because it was definitely one of the cleanest 1gs I've seen online. At least another vr4 is in good hands.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned