The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

supercharged 4g63

MellowVR4

Hows everyone doing, was browsing on youtube the other day and i found this link of a supercharged galant 4g63. Then i tried finding info on the whole install process. couldnt find anything. Does anyone here know the parts needed to do this setup? i think it would be a cool setup if you where to daily drive a vehicle with a 4g63. Let me know if theirs any info out their that im not finding.

click

Thanks in advanced.

citymunky

This guy is also doing something crazy. He just put a EVO 7 head on his Galant

The build is on tooners.

Check this out-->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F10SCVYQJs

Last edited:

raptorWagon

Maybe you should just ask the uploader about it?

Quote:
actually i got over the supercharger, and started fabricating manifolds for the 1st gen 4G63's using the evo4-9 reverse turbo's... and using a TD05HRA 16G 9.8T from an evo 7RS.... there is virtually no lag... and gave pritty much the same response as the Eaton M45 but with better top end.....

bazeng

What did you want to know?
He is a friend of mine (other side of town).
I'll call him for you.

FYI:

He has discarded the super charger in place for a late model evo turbo.
Running an evo 7 head I think on a VR4 block.

He's always doing something crazy.

MellowVR4

I just wanna the parts list to do this... and maybe a slight step by step on how too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

MellowVR4

any one?

EHmotorsports

It's not a bolt on affaire. Almost every part will need to be made related to the supercharger.

MellowVR4

im aware of that, just maybe thougth some has some info on it.

EHmotorsports

There are no set parameters to this. It's all custom. Step one find a supercharger. Step two find a way to mount it. Step three make piping route to said charger. It will require you to have fabrication skills.
And a mock up engine if you can't afford to have your car down for a period of time.
First thing would be to find a proper charger that would work for your engine. Maybe one from a v6 thunderbird or one from a MINI cooper. Or off a cobalt. Then work from there.
A complete understanding of how a supercharger works will need to be in your skillset to fabricate a reliable setup. I'm not telling you it can't be done I'm just stating there is no buy this and buy that guide availible for a custom setup. Really I have been interested in doing a twin charged setup. Maybe I could someday make brackets and sell a DIY kit.

James

Didn't a dude in Pennsylvania have a twincharged setup back in the day? He scrapped it for a big turbo setup because It was easier/faster. I think his problem was that it was nearly impossible to tune? I don't remember it was forever ago.

EHmotorsports

Ya I think you may not get Max power or the fastest 1/4 mile times. But for the right aplication it could be favorable. My thought would be for road racing or auto X.

curtis

I've sold a few of the mazda millenia blowers over the years and they have built in bypass valves, twin screw design with light weight rotors and rather small in physical size but are like 1.3 in displacement I've read they do up close to 30psi. do some google searches but the problem with them is that the rebuild kits can't be bought anymore and there's like only one place that rebuilds them. PSE or something like that is the name of the company.

I've done research on this and if I would have seen the worlds fastest lotus video a few weeks earlier I would be trying this with a cobra unit I sold and coupled with the vgt turbo I have. The M90's from a tbird or the m67 from the pontiac would work but physically large and short unlike the cobra unit that is small and just longer. The biggest problem I see with any of them is the drives......Blowers eat alot of hp to turn and I'm just not sure if the crank on a 4g63 is strong enough to spin up a big blower with out sheering off then theres the problem of mounting a large pulley and tensioner system on the block and it clear the drivers side frame rail. With a VGT I have I figured have the blower come on with a magnetic clutch right off idle then at about 2500 disengage and let the turbo eat. Then between shifts have the blower come on for a few millaseconds but thats alot of shock load on a crank and pulley system. I've even thought about a hard mount on the front subframe using a small powerdyne unit and letting the front drive shaft spin it up but there again space issues. A small pulley on the driveshaft between the block and the shaft would be like 2 inches then would have to have another supported pulley that is a 2 on one side and 6 on the other that would have a second belt running from it to the blower itself. Then theres finding belts pulleys bearing assembly....easier to buy a s375 and call it good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned