The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Super sleeper in the making - gauge mounting solutions???

icurunnin

GalantFan that is some handy work you have. If you wouldnt mind going over the procedure again it would be great to add in our archives.

Romanova

Quote:
Quote:
Go to any junkyard in the area and buy a stock mitsubishi radio. Rip it apart and have the face mounted on a panel. When its race time pull it off hing it open etc. The afc can be mounted there plus 4 gauges. Only problem the radio will have to be mounted in the glovebox or under a seat unless you buy a big baller type with the face plate that mounts anywhere and the brains go else where. Alpine sells these. Interior will look bone stock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

DCP_0006.jpg

Use some of that change for the vaccum at the car wash... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Oh snap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

rheckert

Quote:
Heckert, I removed the stock hvac controls and kept the blower switch, added like a foot of wires to it, and adapted (jb welded)it into the lower hvac controls. The gauges are installed in a flat piece of sheetmetal and angled toward the drivers side.

AlphaMale, the hvac control im using is from a 99-03 Galant, which is the same as 00-05 eclipses and some 02-05 monteros.

Guys if you want more details I can dissassemble the whole thing and take pictures so you can have an "insider" view of it. thanks!!

That would be really cool to have in the how to section if you could find the time. I really like it a lot.

Gordian79

Quote:
This is what I did to my GGS

Thats Hot!I saw someone mount the hvac controls in the center storage console.It wasnt a galant though.

IncorpoRatedX

Quote:
Heckert, I removed the stock hvac controls and kept the blower switch, added like a foot of wires to it, and adapted (jb welded)it into the lower hvac controls. The gauges are installed in a flat piece of sheetmetal and angled toward the drivers side.

AlphaMale, the hvac control im using is from a 99-03 Galant, which is the same as 00-05 eclipses and some 02-05 monteros.

Guys if you want more details I can dissassemble the whole thing and take pictures so you can have an "insider" view of it. thanks!!

DO IT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

belize1334

Get and 89 underdash and put it in the flip pocket.

CP

I've got my wideband unit in the flip pocket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Powerplay has 2 gauges mounted under the tray with all the coins in it (above).

mr.mitsu

Here's what I've done...

DSC02728.jpg

This houses my EGT and Wideband /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DSC02729.jpg

2g deck???

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02731.jpg

The deck is actually mounted from the side with only 2 screws...and yes, I know it's an old ass deck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif And the S-AFC is just mounted with magnet tape /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I just have to say that I am impressed with the solution gtluke and mrmitsu have of hiding the "good" stereo and gages behind the oem stereo. Nice idea.
Mike R.

Gordian79

Ive got one of paulos speaker pods and the gauges are wire with weather tight plugs.i just pull the pull off and disconnect the gauges and put the speaker cover on.i also a digital din gauge things which keeps my car low profile.

cOmpressor

"i also a digital din gauge things which keeps my car low profile."
Can you explain this to me, not H8'n just want to find all the sleeper tricks I can. I have the same plan to fit a couple of gauges, SAFCII and my stero behind the factory radio but mine came with a cd player so if anyone has the faceplate or a whole stock tape deck then shoot me a PM.

Jazzyjay

Quote:
Here's what I've done...

DSC02728.jpg

This houses my EGT and Wideband /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DSC02729.jpg

2g deck???

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02731.jpg

The deck is actually mounted from the side with only 2 screws...and yes, I know it's an old ass deck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif And the S-AFC is just mounted with magnet tape /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I want one of these ASAP

Jazzyjay

I think if you get the adjustable suspension gauge pod as seen here click gutted out and had the digital gauges made buy click you could get at least 3 of them in there Gauge dimensions: L=2.12" D=.6" H=1.37" I know where one is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned