The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Strut bar

makedollarz

Who sells a front strut bar for the Vr-4? Mine looks like sh*t and I can't seem to find a place that sells them new. Also, does anyone have any experience with the rear ones available from RRE or Whiteline? The RRE is less then $100 and Whitelines is over $150, wondering if Whitelines is worth the extra money...

Thanks

Struc

Pretty sure the front will fit a 1G T/E/L strut bar.

The 1g's fit the our front. If you still have cruise control you will need to flip it or relocate / delete the cruise control. I am running the RRE rear bar off my talon, yet another 1g bar.

I cant seem to find a picture of the rear on my droid. I can post one when I get home if you are interested.

KiNgMaRtY

The RRE bars are a solid one piece design. No bling just functionality. My 2g has both front and rear. I have a Whiteline FSTB on my GVR-4 and is much prettier. Difference between RRE bars are that they brace themselves from one stud only where the whiteline bars are bolted down by 2. I am looking for a matching Whiteline rear bar for my GVR-4

SouthCaliVR4

I don't have a rear bar but my $20.00 ebay bar looks just like the one pictured & works well. Front/rear dsm bars fit fine. As stated just have to ad a bolt & run it of the forward side to retain the cruise.

makedollarz

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
I am looking for a matching Whiteline rear bar for my GVR-4

Garfield has them listed on his site.

I found a pretty decent deal I think on ebay.
click
Offered them $80 and they accepted, so $105 shipped for new front and rears, not bad for new front and rears.

KiNgMaRtY

Hoping to score a second hand WL RSTB but if I can't find one I will eventually have to buy it new

Chicago1

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
I don't have a rear bar but my $20.00 ebay bar looks just like the one pictured & works well. Front/rear dsm bars fit fine. As stated just have to ad a bolt & run it of the forward side to retain the cruise.

What do you mean add a bolt for the cruise? And how does the rear fit? Any cutting or anything? I can't picture my trunk right now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned