The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock BOV put to atmospheric-consequences?

deusamo

Quote:
If the cops aren't enough of a deterrent for you, the car is also going to run like sh*t.

What he said. Seriously, there isn't an upside with this 'mod'. Have you upgraded your intake or ic piping? In my experience they both made it easier to hear my bov. Other than that, I'm not aware of any way to make it louder without sacrificing performance. If you're willing to sacrifice performance for a cool sound, then I'm not sure if DSMs or GVR4s are for you.

Also, not trying to be a jerk here, but this question has died a thousand deaths already. There are a ton of discussions on this topic out there on every forum I've ever been a part of. They all say the same thing. Search, man. Research will make your life way easier.

Vr4junkie

Well intercooler and manifold are both stock for now my main concern is to get my Vr4 running properly then I would like to upgrade the intercooler and piping. But what I was saying is it would be nice to have that Bov sound and honestly the last thing I'm going to do to the car is half ass it for a sound. I seen a few evos and sti with a decent exhaust tone and bov sound which didn't drag to much attention and a hiden fmic which is what I'm trying to go for in the future once I get my motor built and have the car running on its own power.

Last edited:

James

My Greddy BOV was more than loud enough even being recirculated. Sounded like two ninjas crossing swords under my hood haha. But I much prefer my 1g BOV and the low hiss/sneeze

mitsuturbo

I'd like to reiterate..

Venting your BOV to atmosphere, with a draw through MAF setup, WILL result in a SERIOUS detrimental impact on performance. If LOSING A FULL SECOND in a 1/4 mile pass doesn't say enough, then i think you bought the wrong car.

GSX_TC

Just do it correctly and go link with speed density.

Vr4junkie

Quoting mitsuturbo:
I'd like to reiterate..

Venting your BOV to atmosphere, with a draw through MAF setup, WILL result in a SERIOUS detrimental impact on performance. If LOSING A FULL SECOND in a 1/4 mile pass doesn't say enough, then i think you bought the wrong car.

Well I think there's a misunderstanding I never said I was going to Vent the Bov to atmosphere what I was saying was it would be nice to have the Bov noise with out getting introuble with the cops since the car did come turbo stock.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned