The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hks BOV

tintoy

need help. i just install an older model hks bov. it has 2 nipples (large and Small), i connected the hose to the large nipple going to the intake. the small nipple is not connected and i don't have any idea where to connect and what its for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. also i did not connect the return hose.the bov works fine but when i rev it the rpm drops and the engine dies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif is there something to do with the small nipple and return hose not being connected? appreciate any help. thanks...

blacksheep

Your gvr4 comes with a MAF system. You should re-circulate it if you are running the factory MAF. Else, you will have sort of idle issues as well as lean-ruch situations. The psssh psssh noise is cool and all.

I assume its a SSQV. You can just cap the other nipple. I don't think it matters which one you use, but all HKS SSQV's I have dealt with had only one nipple.

OMFGeofffff

Most bovs that have two nipples use one for vacuum source and the other uses a boost source.

KiNgMaRtY

If it is the BOV that I am thinking about it is the first SQ HKS BOV. I had one back in the day on another car and loved the sound of that thing. Sounded much better than the newer HKS SSQ's. You cannot recirculate those. If its an SSQ you can, just need to buy the recirculating piece which is about $15

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned