The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock Boost Seloniod?

onesickcrx

Any one got a picture of the stock boost seloniod hooked up and where each vacume line goes where? both my car never had them hooked up.
Option 2 would be just say the metal nipple goes too the wastegate and the plastic one goes to vacume source or the other way around

Thanks

If I recall, the BCS only has 2 ports, and it doesn't matter which way you connect them. Its either open when energized, or closed when not energized by the ECU.

onesickcrx

Judging by that digram im not even sure which seloniod is which that I have where does it sit stock?

RayH

If I recall correctly, it's attached to the air filter canister.

It is the 2 port solenoid on the FRONT of the aircan, shown in the bottom left corner of that picture above. The 3-port solenoid on the back of the aircan is the FPR solenoid. The solenoid that you want doesn't have anything on the back end of it, no port, no air filter, no holes, completely blocked off. You could use another solenoid, but you must block off that port if you use it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned