The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cant seem to get my manual boost controller working properly??

Muskrat

Probably it was supposed to have a seperate coupling with a vent hole in it, that the PO either lost, or didn't install. But like I said, I haven't noticed any negative effects, for the modest boost presures I'm running.

Now, maybe with a better quality MBC a vent is needed if the ball seals better, and holds pressure in the wastegate line. I'm not saying it's not needed, just that it's not needed for me.

A metal ball sealing against a brass opening with a fairly wimpy spring doesn't actually seal very well. It could be, if (er..when /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif ) I turn the boost up past 20 psi I'll have issues. But I'm planning to run an in-cabin hallman when I get to that point, for ease of adjustability.

Last edited:

Muskrat

So I may have egg on my face. I went to turn the boost back up on the car last night, and it will spike to 15 psi, but then settle back at 10. So I got to thinking about this a bit more. Without the vent in the MBC it wont allow the wategate to modulate. Basically once it's open it's open. Static pressure will equalize on each side of the mbc, so it acts to delay opening (spike to 15 psi) but since there's no flow the pressure doesn't drop down, to maintain higher boost levels.

Now, I have to say, this set up worked perfectly to regulate boost at 15 psi on the stock set up. Since I have replaced the vac lines, and added an etc i/c kit. It's possible one of the vac lines replaced had a hole in it, effectively acting as a "vent".

Basically what it boils down to is I'm dumb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and decided to use my personal (flawed) expirience over what I know about hydrolic and pneumatic systems.

1qkfwd

No biggie man it happens. Im joined this forum to helps those about my dsm knowledge and to make some friends with the same interest as mine. When it really comes down to it im not the sharpest knife in the box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Op did you ever figure out your issue???

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned